Finally Over - Thank you!

Convicted Driver Insurance

Nicole20

Hello,
First time posting on here however I have been following discussions on here for a number of weeks. I was an HRO blew 98. First offence, never been in any sort of trouble before. Married with a little boy. Events led me to do something this stupid. I was devastated but picked myself up. I had my medical in December, then a referral to my GP. My GP called me as there was nothing on my records ref alcohol. She was wonderful. Sent form back and today I received my licence back. It has to have been one of the most stressful anxious periods of complete overthinking I have been through.
This forum has helped me immensely and I want to thank everyone on here! Spent many a night on the bus on way back from work reading about others in a similar situation. It gave me comfort and reassurance. I wasn’t brave enough to post then. I commend all of you on here for being brave.
Thank thank thank you all so much and if I can be of any help to any others out there scrolling through please do get in touch.
Wishing everyone all the very best in this journey. Kindness and less judgement is what we all need sometimes.

Brilliant result Nicole. Goes to prove that once you have no issues logged with the GP you'll have no problem. I'm sure your post will help someone in a similar situation. Best of luck!

Lovely post thank u ❤️ Can I ask how u got on with insurance?? I’m due to get my license back and I’m starting to look at quotes for a Citroen C3 2016/17 and the quotes coming back £ 2500 -ish fully Comp . No way I can afford it !! Looking like no car for me ??

Lovely post thank u ❤ Can I ask how u got on with insurance?? I’m due to get my license back and I’m starting to look at quotes for a Citroen C3 2016/17 and the quotes coming back £ 2500 -ish fully Comp . No way I can afford it !! Looking like no car for me ??
Hello. ?. My husband put me as a named driver on his insurance. Blimey that is loads!! There are some insurance companies that got recommended to me after my rehabilitation course. Do you have these? If not I can post the info on here. x

Hello. ?. My husband put me as a named driver on his insurance. Blimey that is loads!! There are some insurance companies that got recommended to me after my rehabilitation course. Do you have these? If not I can post the info on here. x
Can u post the info for me please would be very much appreciated. Maybe look into going on my dads insurance if that possible or get him to insure my car with me a named driver ?? Gutted but my own fault. Thank u

Can u post the info for me please would be very much appreciated. Maybe look into going on my dads insurance if that possible or get him to insure my car with me a named driver ?? Gutted but my own fault. Thank u

You can be insured as a named driver on your partner's car or on your father's car. But if you are the main driver of the car and own the car, putting your father as the main driver and you as the named driver is called insurance fronting and is illegal. If you drive the car more than the main driver then you must have insurance in your own name. I know this in and out as I got caught fronting insurance when I was a teenager.

Hello,
First time posting on here however I have been following discussions on here for a number of weeks. I was an HRO blew 98. First offence, never been in any sort of trouble before. Married with a little boy. Events led me to do something this stupid. I was devastated but picked myself up. I had my medical in December, then a referral to my GP. My GP called me as there was nothing on my records ref alcohol. She was wonderful. Sent form back and today I received my licence back. It has to have been one of the most stressful anxious periods of complete overthinking I have been through.
This forum has helped me immensely and I want to thank everyone on here! Spent many a night on the bus on way back from work reading about others in a similar situation. It gave me comfort and reassurance. I wasn’t brave enough to post then. I commend all of you on here for being brave.
Thank thank thank you all so much and if I can be of any help to any others out there scrolling through please do get in touch.
Wishing everyone all the very best in this journey. Kindness and less judgement is what we all need sometimes.
Hi Nicole,

Just out of curiosity did you pass your CDT tests and a referral was still made to your GP anyway?

Hi Nicole,

Just out of curiosity did you pass your CDT tests and a referral was still made to your GP anyway?
Hi,
Yes my CDT was 1%. Answered no to all questions they still contacted my GP.
Also regarding CDT for anyone interested in terms of drinking. I had a night out for a meal and drinks 2 weeks before test and abstained after that. I also had abstained two weeks before that night. So 4 weeks abstaining and people should be totally fine. ?

I will send you the details. If your Dad was willing too. It shouldn’t be as much as he thinks. I know it is gutting and know how you feel. I feel very ashamed of myself. ?

I will send you the details. If your Dad was willing too. It shouldn’t be as much as he thinks. I know it is gutting and know how you feel. I feel very ashamed of myself. ?
Thank u for replying I’m very lucky, I’m going on my dads insurance and it will be £1100 a year fully Comp which is loads better than my £2500 quote ?‍♀️ My dad works away so he said can use his car ? onward with my life thank u

Thank u for replying I’m very lucky, I’m going on my dads insurance and it will be £1100 a year fully Comp which is loads better than my £2500 quote ?‍♀️ My dad works away so he said can use his car ? onward with my life thank u
That’s great! ☺️ So pleased for you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off