High risk offenders

Convicted Driver Insurance

Alimarie

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have my dvla medical on Friday. I’ve taken a private test through medichecks and I passed with a 0.5 reading, however I’m still worried.
I requested what my gp had written about me as I suffer with mental health and these have brought on 2 fits after going to court had brain scans all normal so it’s extreme stress.
min the question has the patient had an alcohol problem in the past 3 years he ticked yes but no to reverent binge drinking/dependence etc but everything has been fine the past 12 months. I have turned to alcohol a bit in the past when in crisis but it’s not persistent which he’s written.
Any advice on the dvla medical would be greatly appreciated and does anyone think that the dvla will write after I pass my cdt to my gp? I’ve also booked in an lft at my doctors. I’m sorry about this post but it’s driving me to severe anxiety. If anyone has any advice please help. I haven’t had any alcohol pass my lips for over 4 months. Thanks in advance

Hi Ali, this all sounds well to be honest with you and you have your GPs support which is great, however at the DVLA medical there is a questionarre which you will be expected to fill out according to your medical conditions and your past/current drinking habits, if you decide to fill this out truthfully then DVLA will write to your GP and therefore investigations will begin,they will also investigate any current medication that you are taking and more forms will snet for your GP to complete, the likely outcome is that nearer completion of their investigations they will ask you to attend another medical before issuing a licence,( and I would of thought it'll be a temp at that with fits )

Hi Ali, this all sounds well to be honest with you and you have your GPs support which is great, however at the DVLA medical there is a questionarre which you will be expected to fill out according to your medical conditions and your past/current drinking habits, if you decide to fill this out truthfully then DVLA will write to your GP and therefore investigations will begin,they will also investigate any current medication that you are taking and more forms will snet for your GP to complete, the likely outcome is that nearer completion of their investigations they will ask you to attend another medical before issuing a licence,( and I would of thought it'll be a temp at that with fits )
Thank you very much, they’ve already written to him with all medication I’m on and all about the fits etc. I know I’ll pass the cdt so do you think they will write again then? How long do you think this is likely to take? Any ideas? Thank you for your response

If they have all the information they need then it'll may well be that you attend your medical CDT results are passed over to DVLA within a week and then it's usually about 3 weeks until they issue a licence, this is when it goes to the managers for them to decide what licence will be issued, in my case I waited 14 months in total but I was classed as dependant/misuse so had to abstain for a year, but if you are truthful on the medical questionarre (which they will expect) then your information will tally up to what your GP has put, so I can't see them writing to your GP again, what I did is before my medical I had an appointment with my GP to know exactly what to put on the medical questionarre, the first time round though I ticked no to everything and that put months on my case with a refusal ...

If they have all the information they need then it'll may well be that you attend your medical CDT results are passed over to DVLA within a week and then it's usually about 3 weeks until they issue a licence, this is when it goes to the managers for them to decide what licence will be issued, in my case I waited 14 months in total but I was classed as dependant/misuse so had to abstain for a year, but if you are truthful on the medical questionarre (which they will expect) then your information will tally up to what your GP has put, so I can't see them writing to your GP again, what I did is before my medical I had an appointment with my GP to know exactly what to put on the medical questionarre, the first time round though I ticked no to everything and that put months on my case with a refusal ...
Question then as I forgot have you filled out an M1 from DVLA ?

Thanks very much, yes I’ve done all the above and also requested a subject access request email so I can see what the gp wrote about me. I’d say they have all info about me as when I applied for my license I sent all me fir info and mh info off. It states in my forms re the dvla medical 6 months of controlled drinking needs to be proven which is has so fingers crossed. Are you back on the road now? It’s an absolute stress isn’t it!

Thanks very much, yes I’ve done all the above and also requested a subject access request email so I can see what the gp wrote about me. I’d say they have all info about me as when I applied for my license I sent all me fir info and mh info off. It states in my forms re the dvla medical 6 months of controlled drinking needs to be proven which is has so fingers crossed. Are you back on the road now? It’s an absolute stress isn’t it!
Yes back on the road, sounds like you got it all sewn up then, it is stressful tho but I think we need to accept that's part of the DVLA process now, fingers crossed for you then at your medical and hopefully you'll get a ten year licence, let us know how you get on Ali "there's nothing quite like that little pink card"lol.....

Yes back on the road, sounds like you got it all sewn up then, it is stressful tho but I think we need to accept that's part of the DVLA process now, fingers crossed for you then at your medical and hopefully you'll get a ten year licence, let us know how you get on Ali "there's nothing quite like that little pink card"lol.....
Good for you, and it certainly makes you think about whatever relationship with alcohol you have really think. Yes I shall keep you posted. Thanks

If you passed with a 0.5 reading using medichecks you should pass the dvla medical no problem. I very rarely drink and and my medical results was 0.9

Did you get your license back after that?
Yes I passed with 0.9 and finally got a 10 year licence issued to me on the 4th January after a 17 month ban.

My original ban was 17 months, reduced to 12 months if i did the course. But i didn't bother doing the course as had a lot of things going on at the time. Then my ban ended in November and it took until January for me to get my licence back.

I'm currently still getting the train to work each day and haven't driven my car since July 2018.

Yes I passed with 0.9 and finally got a 10 year licence issued to me on the 4th January after a 17 month ban.

My original ban was 17 months, reduced to 12 months if i did the course. But i didn't bother doing the course as had a lot of things going on at the time. Then my ban ended in November and it took until January for me to get my licence back.

I'm currently still getting the train to work each day and haven't driven my car since July 2018.
You must be so pleased

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off