Ashamed, sad and haying myself.

Convicted Driver Insurance
You go on like the rest of us do, with help from the forum, it's not that bad really, but I guess if you've not been down this road before it can be quite frightening for you I imagine, but at least this time tomorrow it will all be over,,,,and yes you will be a criminal like most of us on here, try and see the brighter side of it "like no one got injured"
Of course. No one died.

I am in Wales. The police posted a girl who totalled her car, injuring no one.
Could happen to anyone, the day after and I'm not defending the person but it is harsh

Go easy on yourself now as you made a mistake like most on here. Not hurt anybody so just chill.Just dress smart and presentable and show remorse to the magistrates as i think they will clearly see that by the way your feeling this evening RELAX
Cant say, oh judge
, been on the forums

Alrac, you are winding yourself up for no reason.
Read again what everyone else told you. Read what I told you.
You‘ll walk out of court in less than 18 hours, relieved. if you are pleading guilty tomorrow, then you are just being processed - it’s not a trial. Everybody in the court will be perfectly nice to you.

Alrac, you are winding yourself up for no reason.
Read again what everyone else told you. Read what I told you.
You‘ll walk out of court in less than 18 hours, relieved. if you are pleading guilty tomorrow, then you are just being processed - it’s not a trial. Everybody in the court will be perfectly nice to you.

I can't
I'm a good girl

Arrive early!
Find out which court room you are expected to attend!(usher or front desk)

Do not wait in the foyer to be called! Enter court room you have been assigned to as soon as the doors are open! You might be first one called up! Or you might be the last ! (After lunch) unlucky#

However as others suggest dress smart when your called enter bench and just answer guilty plea don't ramble your life it won't make much odds!

Just simply apologise to your honour & the court and you have taken steps to ensure this type of behaviour is never to be repeated (keep it simple) they are bound by sentencing guidelines anyway so no point pouring your heart out, TBH I've never ever heard anyone have a bad day in court so chin up and post back how things went

Last edited:
Arrive early!
Find out which court room you are expected to attend!

Do not wait in the foyer to be called! Enter court room you have been assigned to as soon as the doors are open! You might be first one called up! Or you might be the last ! (After lunch) unlucky#

However as others suggest dress smart when your called enter bench and just answer guilty plea don't ramble your life it won't make much odds!

Just simply apologise to your honour & the court and you have taken steps to ensure this type of behaviour is never to be repeated (keep it simple) they are bound by sentencing guidelines anyway so no point pouring your heart out, TBH I've never ever heard anyone have a bad day in court so chin up and post back how things went

Hi all
Firstly, I'm near Cardiff :)
Secondly, I didn't die in court lol. It was horrific, lots of unsavoury characters but was called up second. Was in there 10 minutes and had a lovely woman speak on my behalf. 3 magistrates, one scriber lady, one guy saying what I had done, a lady who I spoke to prior (don't think she was a solicitor) and 2 people on laptops.
20 months, reduced to 15 after the course.
About 500 quid fine/costs. Total blur.
I hope these 12 months change me from being impulsive and stupid to thinking before I act.
X

That's probably fair
Alcohol blunts judgment but
Don't ever risk it again the courts take a dim view if you already have a DUI and especially if you done the awareness class

That's probably fair
Alcohol blunts judgment but
Don't ever risk it again the courts take a dim view if you already have a DUI and especially if you done the awareness class
Craig, I can assure you that this is the first and last time.
In time, I would like to volunteer in some way against this, turn the bad into good.

Hi all
Firstly, I'm near Cardiff :)
Secondly, I didn't die in court lol. It was horrific, lots of unsavoury characters but was called up second. Was in there 10 minutes and had a lovely woman speak on my behalf. 3 magistrates, one scriber lady, one guy saying what I had done, a lady who I spoke to prior (don't think she was a solicitor) and 2 people on laptops.
20 months, reduced to 15 after the course.
About 500 quid fine/costs. Total blur.
I hope these 12 months change me from being impulsive and stupid to thinking before I act.
X
Not a to bad outcome 12 months with the coarse. Are you feeling more relaxed now its over

Hiya Les.
Yes. Much.
Going in to that court room was the worst thing I've ever had to do.
Thank you for you support.
Glad to be of help to a fellow taff in your hour of need. I am up on the heads of the valleys so same part of wales give or take. Just take a few days to let things sink in and then move on into the new year with a more positive outlook.

Craig, I can assure you that this is the first and last time.
In time, I would like to volunteer in some way against this, turn the bad into good.

If you'd like to volunteer in some way there is a study looking for volunteers. It's run by University of Stirling on behalf of The Department of Transport.

The link for it can be found at the top of this page.

They give £30 in shopping vouchers too

Glad to be of help to a fellow taff in your hour of need. I am up on the heads of the valleys so same part of wales give or take. Just take a few days to let things sink in and then move on into the new year with a more positive outlook.
Me too les I'm up on the heads of the valleys too :cool:

Yes, I have emailed Stirling already. There must be people like me who had no idea how bad getting caught is. Naive and dopey!

Ahh, nice and local then, both! My court appearance was in Merthyr this morning - fancy that! Small world lol. And in fact, Merthyr station was where I spent my night of terror.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off