Ashamed, sad and haying myself.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Alrac (and hello board members) .

I was convicted in August and banned for 22 months, finance outstanding in the car and a boss who doesn’t take kindly to any sort of ‘criminal’ behaviour.

Since then I’ve paid off the car, settled with the insurers, been to court and endured the whole process from start to finish (excluding the DDRC which I’m doing next year).

At the time, it felt like I’d screwed everything up. I remember being in custody and thinking “what the f*** have I done?”. I had years of driving without incident and it was all lost for the sake of a short trip to get, of all things, a bloody McDonalds!

Since then, I’ve tried to forget about the incident and look towards getting my licence back in 2020.

You won’t be able to forget what happened but you will learn to accept your mistake, move on and come out the other side intact.

I now get the bus to work every day. At first it felt crap but now, I’m smug about the fact it gets me to work a bit quicker because they can use dedicated lanes and people usually give way to a bus - plus I don’t have to concentrate like you do when you’re driving. It’s been alright!

You, me, and everybody else on these boards have made mistakes but this is not the end of your life - remember, this will be history before you know it!

Just had a letter from Esure.
They're chasing me or submitting me to county court judgement thing.
They want paying for the iron fence I knocked down. I expect costs for stress for the victims and god knows what else they'll give me.
Absolutely devastated.
I cant see why my fully comp insurance hasnt just dealt with it.
Drink driving has ruined my life.

If you look into convicted drivers insurance link there's a whole load of information , but atleast thankfully your not being sued for personal injury

I might as well not had effing insurance. I cant believe they wont pay for 3rd party damage. Or rather they will but then they'll take me court to get the money back.
They are saying I need to sort replacement fence out myself by dealing with the victims.
This is punishment enough Craig.
2 weeks of hell, debt I'll never pay off and sinking in to depression.
If anyone knew how bad drink driving is, they wouldn't do it.

I might as well not had effing insurance. I cant believe they wont pay for 3rd party damage. Or rather they will but then they'll take me court to get the money back.
They are saying I need to sort replacement fence out myself by dealing with the victims.
This is punishment enough Craig.
2 weeks of hell, debt I'll never pay off and sinking in to depression.
If anyone knew how bad drink driving is, they wouldn't do it.

The same applies though to holiday insurance. If you get drunk and hurt yourself or damage property they they will not cover you because you are reckless.
You may well have house contents insurance, but if you go out and leave the door open they will not pay out because you were reckless and did nothing to minimise the risk.
The same applies, although in a more extreme way, with death. Life insurance pays out when you die, but if you commit suicide your relatives get nothing because you have brought about your own death.

Unfortunately for many motorists, Esure, Admiral and several other companies (part of the Elephant group) put in their terms and conditions that they will not cover damage / injury where drink driving is involved, because they view that as being reckless, they will cover third party risks because they have to, but they will seek to recover that from the policy holder.

Court tomorrow.
Can't cope. Petrified.
Please help, I can't breathe for crying.
Me, in court. Wtf :(

Please tell me about your scenario and conviction?
Please tell me about your scenario and conviction?
It was just a matter of time before i got caught as i was out every day in the pub 9 am. Had a bad accident and cut 2 fingers off and got myself into a hell of a state and drinking was the only way to get through the day.I was nearly 4 times over the limit and got done for dangerous driving as well. Ended up i had to go to crown court and that was no fun.Been in magistrates court a few of times for fighting as a young man which is easy so stop worrying

It was just a matter of time before i got caught as i was out every day in the pub 9 am. Had a bad accident and cut 2 fingers off and got myself into a hell of a state and drinking was the only way to get through the day.I was nearly 4 times over the limit and got done for dangerous driving as well. Ended up i had to go to crown court and that was no fun.Been in magistrates court a few of times for fighting as a young man which is easy so stop worrying
When was this?
I dont judge, even before.

I am nearly 50 now and this was just over 7 years ago.I wold not reapply for my licence until this year as did not trust myself but really need it now as being a carpenter is a nightmare without a van

Expect a ban between 1 and 2 years but ask for the coarse will will reduce it by 25% so if you get 12 months you can be back on the road in 9 months

With a reading of 78 =
Details of offence as provided by you:

• Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 60 and 89
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

Possible High Risk Offender
If the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Enter New Information

With a reading of 78 =
Details of offence as provided by you:

• Specimen Type: breath
  • Alcohol Level: between 60 and 89
  • No previous drink driving related convictions within the proceeding 10 years
  • You have not been disqualified two or more times for 56 days or more within the proceeding 3 years
Based on the information you provided above, upon conviction of driving with excess alcohol, Magistrates' sentencing guidelines suggest:

Possible High Risk Offender
If the level of alcohol in your system exceeded 87.5 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath, or 200 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of blood, or 267.5 milligrammes per 100 millilitres of urine you will be classed as a high risk offender.

High risk offenders are required to take and pass a DVLA Medical before their driving licence will be returned to them upon expiration of their driving driving disqualification.

Drink Driving Rehabilitation Course
All courts usually offer first time offenders the opportunity to take the drink driving rehabilitation course. A court may allow an offender to take the course a second time where there is a good reason to do so. Offenders will not usually be offered a chance to take the course for a third time. Completing the course can reduce any disqualification period imposed by up to 25%.

Enter New Information
Judge dependant.
Read everything I can.

Cant sleep. I need support from you please.
Tomorrow, I will be a friggin criminal.
A CRIMINAL.
I am guilty. But I am not evil or an animal.
How do I go on x

Judge dependant.
Read everything I can.

Cant sleep. I need support from you please.
Tomorrow, I will be a friggin criminal.
A CRIMINAL.
I am guilty. But I am not evil or an animal.
How do I go on x
Go easy on yourself now as you made a mistake like most on here. Not hurt anybody so just chill.Just dress smart and presentable and show remorse to the magistrates as i think they will clearly see that by the way your feeling this evening RELAX

You go on like the rest of us do, with help from the forum, it's not that bad really, but I guess if you've not been down this road before it can be quite frightening for you I imagine, but at least this time tomorrow it will all be over,,,,and yes you will be a criminal like most of us on here, try and see the brighter side of it "like no one got injured"

Go easy on yourself now as you made a mistake like most on here. Not hurt anybody so just chill.Just dress smart and presentable and show remorse to the magistrates as i think they will clearly see that by the way your feeling this evening RELAX
Nah, man.
I will not go easy.
Will you help me tomorrow around midday

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off