Written to my GP.. Medical records haven't arrived.

Convicted Driver Insurance
Regardless of your misuse 19 months ago this information would be the cream of the crop to the dvla no misuse is spent they have just updated their dvla medical questionnaire and are now going back six years....

Yes I know it's frustrating but don't believe a word they say make sure you are all over them for particularly the situation your now in, the majority of folk wont get to see the DD2 but the questionarre is directed at your doctor and is about 40 questions long regarding all issues with alcohol and wether your safe to drive and other road users, and your current drinking habits and wether your doctor supports you in regaining your licence, welcome to the misuse category....

I'm half expecting another form asking for my eating ha
Regardless of your misuse 19 months ago this information would be the cream of the crop to the dvla no misuse is spent they have just updated their dvla medical questionnaire and are now going back six years....

Well isn't that just marvellous! I was hospitalised in 2015 due to alcohol. I drank too much and fell asleep on someone's house. They decided to put me outside in the middle of October to help sober me up and proceeded to forget about me.. I was taken to hospital as I had blue lips etc and caught pneumonia. I'm sure that'll go down well too.

Update:
Another form was sent to my GP off the back of the last one. Frustrating! Preempting the fact I'd have to see my GP face to face, I booked an appointment for the 18th Dec. Was frustrated at the wait so called back to see if I could do it over the phone as they now have my medical records and there wouldn't be any use in seeing me face to face. This was given the green light. Booked the telephone appointment for this morning and cancelled the other appointment.

Had my telephone appointment to go through the form with my GP. He knew nothing of the form and said they hadn't received it.. which I know he has. Called the receptionist to make sure they had received it.. They have. She said they only upload it when I book the appointment to go through the form 'like the one I've just had?' was my reply. Was told to book a double appointment with the GP which is now the 7th January!!

I'm absolutely furious and at my wits end.. Would complain but it wouldn't make a slight bit of difference.

I have no idea. I did actually raise a complaint with the DVLA regarding the process, the lack of information coming from DVLA and the seemingly odd requests for information.. Got a standard reply 'just following process, making the roads safer etc.'.

I asked the DVLA what form they had sent and apparently I'm not allowed to know, but I can send an email request to which they'll respond.

I'll get over it but what I thought would be a straight forward process is now at month 6.

I know I been waiting 11 months now, there is a process they follow and it can take months I would of thought though that your doctor has returned your first form (alcohol) and I would assume this next form is for the antidepressants,so you are moving along the line and you are going in the right direction albeit a slow one but you are getting there in THE SO CALLED PROCESS.....

I know I been waiting 11 months now, there is a process they follow and it can take months I would of thought though that your doctor has returned your first form (alcohol) and I would assume this next form is for the antidepressants,so you are moving along the line and you are going in the right direction albeit a slow one but you are getting there in THE SO CALLED PROCESS.....

Ahh for me it's the other way around. First it was the one for depression. It was whilst going through that form that it became apparent that I had 'misused' alcohol. Mentioned in passing that I could (could being the operative word) drink 3 bottles of wine in a week. Was told that amount is above UK guidelines. GP marked the form that I had misused alcohol 19 months ago, no issues since and no reason why I shouldn't drive.

Now I appreciate that the fact he informed them of my supposed misuse would trigger alarm bells. My issue with it, and leads me back to my complaint, is that DVLA have on multiple occasions and even in words in their reply to my complaint have said that for misuse they are only interested in the last 6 months. So that being said, why do they need further information? My recent drinking habits have been documented with the DVLA doctor at my medical, my CDT result was well within guidelines (1%), my own GP has stated that I've had controlled drinking for 19 months, haven't seen him for any alcohol related issues in those 19 months so what more relevant information can they get from my GP? I will sit there and give out the same information. I've given before.

Last edited:
Update:
Another form was sent to my GP off the back of the last one. Frustrating! Preempting the fact I'd have to see my GP face to face, I booked an appointment for the 18th Dec. Was frustrated at the wait so called back to see if I could do it over the phone as they now have my medical records and there wouldn't be any use in seeing me face to face. This was given the green light. Booked the telephone appointment for this morning and cancelled the other appointment.

Had my telephone appointment to go through the form with my GP. He knew nothing of the form and said they hadn't received it.. which I know he has. Called the receptionist to make sure they had received it.. They have. She said they only upload it when I book the appointment to go through the form 'like the one I've just had?' was my reply. Was told to book a double appointment with the GP which is now the 7th January!!

I'm absolutely furious and at my wits end.. Would complain but it wouldn't make a slight bit of difference.
[/QUOTE

Sit back and enjoy xmas and the new year .. its a fresh start in 6 weeks .. wI'll that be after you should have got your licence back ?

It will be after I'm supposed to have it back and I'm trying to be positive but it seems that the carrot on the stick just gets further away.

It will be after I'm supposed to have it back and I'm trying to be positive but it seems that the carrot on the stick just gets further away.
As I said weeks ago .. revoked .. and you laughed .. that means you can't drive nor will you be able too until they give you a final no or a 12 month licence . I'm sorry but I will edge my bets and gut feeling it will be a no ..

As I said weeks ago .. revoked .. and you laughed .. that means you can't drive nor will you be able too until they give you a final no or a 12 month licence . I'm sorry but I will edge my bets and gut feeling it will be a no ..

I didn't laugh then and I'm not laughing now. I literally quoted the words from DVLA. Whilst I'm not going to praise them (for obvious reasons), and don't believe every word that comes from their mouths, I don't for one second believe that they are outright liars. As I've said many times, and as it is stated in their own guidelines, they are only really interested in the last 6 months when it comes to misuse and I now have it in writing so it would be silly of them to act otherwise.

Thanks for your positive words ?

Sorry, I've just reread the thread you were talking about and see what you're on about. I wasn't laughing at your comment, more that they can't revoke a licence I don't have. Tongue in cheek.

Sorry, I've just reread the thread you were talking about and see what you're on about. I wasn't laughing at your comment, more that they can't revoke a licence I don't have. Tongue in cheek.
They can revoke your licence at any point weather it's valid or not .. just because someone is banned and it goes beyond that date it automatically shows as revoked until the medical it passed and a licence is issued .. I know I have 9 driving while disqualified behind me and 12 with no licence . (Revoked) and the police verified my licence category (revoked ) when stopping me and issuing 3 points for it .. from my initial 5th drink driving ban (42 months) it's just taken me the best part of 8 years to get legal

Can anyone help please...
I went for my medical 11 days ago and I have just received a letter from the dvla this morning stating they will be contacting my gp for my medical records. Is this protocol for a high risk offender? Have I got anything to worry about? I have never been to the doctors for any alcohol issues this is my first drink driving offence.

Can anyone help please...
I went for my medical 11 days ago and I have just received a letter from the dvla this morning stating they will be contacting my gp for my medical records. Is this protocol for a high risk offender? Have I got anything to worry about? I have never been to the doctors for any alcohol issues this is my first drink driving offence.

I'd say don't panic really, seems kinda routine to be honest and if you've not mentioned anything alcohol it should be plain sailing. I'd contact your GP first and let them know the situation. Best to have them on side.

I'd say don't panic really, seems kinda routine to be honest and if you've not mentioned anything alcohol it should be plain sailing. I'd contact your GP first and let them know the situation. Best to have them on side.
Thankyou! I will give them a ring first thing Monday morning

They can revoke your licence at any point weather it's valid or not .. just because someone is banned and it goes beyond that date it automatically shows as revoked until the medical it passed and a licence is issued .. I know I have 9 driving while disqualified behind me and 12 with no licence . (Revoked) and the police verified my licence category (revoked ) when stopping me and issuing 3 points for it .. from my initial 5th drink driving ban (42 months) it's just taken me the best part of 8 years to get legal

Found out that it's a DD2 form they've sent to my GP, questions going back 6 years. In 2015 I was hospitalised and my according to my GP (he mentioned it last time I saw him to go through the M2 form), that means I was dependent.

The above being said, I'll see you all in just over a year when I've done my years abstinence. What an absolute pile of s**t!

Found out that it's a DD2 form they've sent to my GP, questions going back 6 years. In 2015 I was hospitalised and my according to my GP (he mentioned it last time I saw him to go through the M2 form), that means I was dependent.

The above being said, I'll see you all in just over a year when I've done my years abstinence. What an absolute pile of s**t!
So sorry to hear that .. try and be positive and take on board the things you have learnt from been on here .. it's not your fault and remember that .. had they been honest and open with applicants from the off they can then prepare better (and that's the last thing they seem to want ).. I feel they do it to victimise someone that may already be struggling for one reason or another . The way they go about it is utterly disgusting and underhand .. Ans unfortunately its getting worse as they can run around like John Wayne and they courts won't do anything as they will always be guided by a medical professional (which none of them are)

Just a quick curve ball in to all our problems past present and ongoing .. obviously many come here for help and advice and we are all seeing the way things are unfolding re medical questionnaires and alcohol misuse and medication from doctors etc now making a major impact on application .. but I hardly see anyone on here for drug related bans (illegal ones) it would be interesting to here how there application can go as surly there application must be far more stringent than an alcohol ban application as the substances they take are illegal and far harder to track and keep a record of .. but I'm guessing they just roll through the system or most do as one hardly ever hears of issues on here from people that have been band for drug driving .. I believe it's more prevalent than DD now but I could be wrong

So sorry to hear that .. try and be positive and take on board the things you have learnt from been on here .. it's not your fault and remember that .. had they been honest and open with applicants from the off they can then prepare better (and that's the last thing they seem to want ).. I feel they do it to victimise someone that may already be struggling for one reason or another . The way they go about it is utterly disgusting and underhand .. Ans unfortunately its getting worse as they can run around like John Wayne and they courts won't do anything as they will always be guided by a medical professional (which none of them are)

I am going to challenge the dependent statement when I see my GP. In September 2015 I found that my partner had been cheating on me, left the house and everything in it. Early October of that year I was ran off the road and was declared over the limit and lost my licence. Had to yo and move 70 miles away to keep my job (yes I commuted 140 miles a day), a week after that I drank far too much and the people I was with stuck me outside to sober me up. They then forgot about me until around 1am at which point I was blue. They called an ambulance and it was at hospital in the scanner that I was sick and inhaled my vomit. Ended up with pneumonia. I then didn't touch a drop of alcohol for a good 18 months.

I'd say that a one off binge and hospital stay isn't a sign of dependence at all.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off