Advice needed please

Convicted Driver Insurance

Maureen1981

Hi,

I was arrested for drink driving 2 weeks ago - breathed 65 mg. I have court next week and am worried about the whole process.

I am fully aware that I have done wrong and will receive a hefty fine and a ban. Even though I earn what the court will consider a good salary, I don't have any savings, and have debts so will be unable to make a full payment on the day.

What is the process with this? Do they make an immediate decision as to whether I can pay this off over a few months. Have any of you had this rejected? If so, what are the consequences - if I don't have it , I don't have it?

Thanks

I would of thought you probably be looking at 12/18 months ban with a 25% reduction with the drink driving course and a fine, I haven't had fines from the courts for a long time but when I did you can make an agreement to pay a monthly fee that suits your budget.....perhaps price1367 can advise further he's very good in these situations...

Hi,

I was arrested for drink driving 2 weeks ago - breathed 65 mg. I have court next week and am worried about the whole process.

I am fully aware that I have done wrong and will receive a hefty fine and a ban. Even though I earn what the court will consider a good salary, I don't have any savings, and have debts so will be unable to make a full payment on the day.

What is the process with this? Do they make an immediate decision as to whether I can pay this off over a few months. Have any of you had this rejected? If so, what are the consequences - if I don't have it , I don't have it?

Thanks
Hi Maureen
They can deal with it on the day there and then . Which they will with a guilty plea .. as for the fine they do a brief means test when you arrive you will be told to fill in a sheet with your details on it .. that will give them a guage if where you are financially.. and yes if you ask to pay over a period of time they will grant that .. you then get a payment card and just too it up as if you were ok an electric or gas metre at a payment point place .. with a reading of that you will probably get 12 months and be given the option of the coarse it's it's your 1st time which will bring it down to 9 months .. do the coarse if it's offered to you .. you can re apply 90 days prior to your ban been up so if they give you 12 Ans the coarse that means you can re apply in 6 month so your good to go on the date of the 9th month .. hope that helps and good luck

You will probably get fines max £250 plus court costs you can also see the duty solicitor on the day for free should you want or need too

Hi Jamdpa - thank you for your reply. That is good to know re applying 90 days before - it doesn't make it seem to long then.

What makes you say that the fine will be approx £250? I read that it could be 175% of my weekly wage? thank you

Hi Jamdpa - thank you for your reply. That is good to know re applying 90 days before - it doesn't make it seem to long then.

What makes you say that the fine will be approx £250? I read that it could be 175% of my weekly wage? thank you
I just basing it on an average . I have been fined between £100 and £400 .. (had a few visits) and I know plenty of others that have also had the misfortune .. if your ok a mega wage the fine will be more .. they take in to account your out goings when making a judgement

And it you dont keep upto the payments of your fine, they can, and would do an attachment of earnings.

do they not request that before deciding the fine? How do they prove how much smeones salary is before deciding the fine?

You are given a means test form to fill in at court. They base the fine on your salary that you declare. They do not normally check whet you declare, but obviously if you are a doctor and you declare an income of £15k per annum they are going to be sceptical!

You are given a means test form to fill in at court. They base the fine on your salary that you declare. They do not normally check whet you declare, but obviously if you are a doctor and you declare an income of £15k per annum they are going to be sceptical!

hey Price,

do I not need to take proof of earnings andbank statements etc? Wage slips? What happens if I turn up without these?

They ask you to fill the form in, there is no requirement for supporting evidence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off