Thoughts on my chances??

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello

dont know if I’m in right place but here goes

I surrendered my license 3 years ago on advice of my doctor due to alcohol related seizures. Doctor said I am not epileptic just basically have a lower seizure threshold than most. Anyway I’ve not had a seizure in over a year mainly due to cutting down what I drink so applied for my license.Got asked to go for a medical which I went for yesterday . I had no worries about the cbt test as I never really had a drinking problem . However I’m worried the way I answered one question on the audit test might have fooked me. I told them I drink 3 days a month 10-12 units when I do. Which I think is safe limit for me since I’ve never had a seizure drinking less than than 20 units. It’s worked for over a year. Anyway the next question is how many drinks in a sitting . Well I thought in my head 1 vodka 1 unit so 10 drinks and 10+ was the highest option . Doctor said a pint was 1 drink so now thinking I should have put 5-6 and when the dvla look at the form and see I’m drinking 10 drinks at a time there just gonna say no. Any thoughts ? Rest of test went fine scored 5/40 on the audit with 4 marks coming from that one question above. 5 would be a good mark for a normal person but with my condition i don’t know . Other questions were all answered no. Guess I just have to wait and see but as soon as I said it I thought fooked it.

Hi .. you say you have never had an alcohol problem but your doctor advised you to surrender .. the DVLA will look in to you and your case far further and deeper .. not just for alcohol I'm afriad .. I would expect a further medical and more questions .. probably another 3 or 4 months at there current run rate .. keep your doctor informed and keep your doctor on your side (assuming he says your fit to drive) when you say seizure do you mean you collapsed ?

Hi welcome to the forum thomasmacalpine first of all if you've had alcohol related seizures then more than likely the DVLA are going to want 1 year of abstinence (Not taking any alcohol) and 1 year free from seizures backed up with medical reports from your GP, with regards to your answering the questions in the way you did then anything over 4 drinks a day puts you in the misuse category for licensing which requires 6 months of controlled drinking no more than 14 units a week, however because of your alcohol related seizures when they do make a decision which will take some time because now you've red flagged them to do medical Enquiries then as I mentioned above they'll probably advise of 1 year free "seizures&alcohol" and to maintain abstination from alcohol backed up with doctors reports, if you are prescribed medication for this condition then they will investigate too,

Hello

I surrendered my license 3 years ago on advice of my doctor due to alcohol related seizures. Doctor said I am not epileptic just basically have a lower seizure threshold than most. Anyway I’ve not had a seizure in over a year mainly due to cutting down what I drink so applied for my license.Got asked to go for a medical which I went for yesterday . I had no worries about the cbt test as I never really had a drinking problem . However I’m worried the way I answered one question on the audit test might have fooked me. I told them I drink 3 days a month 10-12 units when I do. Which I think is safe limit for me since I’ve never had a seizure drinking less than than 20 units. It’s worked for over a year. Anyway the next question is how many drinks in a sitting . Well I thought in my head 1 vodka 1 unit so 10 drinks and 10+ was the highest option . Doctor said a pint was 1 drink so now thinking I should have put 5-6 and when the dvla look at the form and see I’m drinking 10 drinks at a time there just gonna say no. Any thoughts ? Rest of test went fine scored 5/40 on the audit with 4 marks coming from that one question above. 5 would be a good mark for a normal person but with my condition i don’t know . Other questions were all answered no. Guess I just have to wait and see but as soon as I said it I thought fooked it.
Also a pint is 2 units not 1 so if you drink 10 pints your on 20 units approx

Hello

Hi having read your enquiry again (always miss something) if your saying your still drinking and about 3 or 4 times a month and about 10 to 12 pints .. that's would be 20 plus units and that alone will be a fail possibly on your CDT

Hi .. you say you have never had an alcohol problem but your doctor advised you to surrender .. the DVLA will look in to you and your case far further and deeper .. not just for alcohol I'm afriad .. I would expect a further medical and more questions .. probably another 3 or 4 months at there current run rate .. keep your doctor informed and keep your doctor on your side (assuming he says your fit to drive) when you say seizure do you mean you collapsed ?

Asked me to surrender because I had a seizure . Wasn’t really due to alcohol. I don’t even see my gp and haven’t at any point. I went to A and E and then got referred to a neurologist who I see once every 6 months for about 15 mins. She said she’s looking to discharge me after my next meeting and she’s happy to let me drive . Yeah full unconscious seizure

Hi having read your enquiry again (always miss something) if your saying your still drinking and about 3 or 4 times a month and about 10 to 12 pints .. that's would be 20 plus units and that alone will be a fail possibly on your CDT

I didn’t drink for the 3 weeks before the test. But surely if I’m drinking less than 14 units a week anyway then it should have been fine anyway

Hi welcome to the forum thomasmacalpine first of all if you've had alcohol related seizures then more than likely the DVLA are going to want 1 year of abstinence (Not taking any alcohol) and 1 year free from seizures backed up with medical reports from your GP, with regards to your answering the questions in the way you did then anything over 4 drinks a day puts you in the misuse category for licensing which requires 6 months of controlled drinking no more than 14 units a week, however because of your alcohol related seizures when they do make a decision which will take some time because now you've red flagged them to do medical Enquiries then as I mentioned above they'll probably advise of 1 year free "seizures&alcohol" and to maintain abstination from alcohol backed up with doctors reports, if you are prescribed medication for this condition then they will investigate too,

I don’t drink anything more than 14 units a week so wouldn’t say I misuse alcohol. I don’t take medication . The seizures are controlled by lifestyle changes . Cutting down drink . I’ll just need to wait and see . My neologism seems happy to let me drive and I have never seen my Gp

3 weeks off will get you a low enough reading to pass

yeah I’m not worried about the test . It was just that one question on the audit firm. Guess I’ll just have to wait 3 weeks till they reply. Can just hope my doctor has backed me up and they give me a 1/3 year license

Asked me to surrender because I had a seizure . Wasn’t really due to alcohol. I don’t even see my gp and haven’t at any point. I went to A and E and then got referred to a neurologist who I see once every 6 months for about 15 mins. She said she’s looking to discharge me after my next meeting and she’s happy to let me drive . Yeah full unconscious seizure
Unfortunately there is no easy way of saying this .. it's going to be a very long battle from now .. I hope I'm wrong but I think they will revoke for 12 months with many clauses etc within it .. solely on the fact you have been unconscious irrelevant of alcohol .. combined your going to have a mountain to climb ..but it done be climbed .. there are some good people on here that have been through the mill with the dvla process .. your doctor and the medical profession are your only chance but I feel in 12 months you may just be starting the process again .. it what you do in that 12 months that will get you though .. prepare to the max and cover everything before replying if that's the case

DVLA will now right to your GP and neurologist requesting information on your fitness to drive, it's essential that you see your doctor for getting your licence back as they will send him a medical report to be completed, if you continue to avoid your doctor how can they possible assess your fitness to drive and a refusal would be likely, I can't stress enough how important it is to see your doctor..... A lot of folk don't realise until they visit the forum that your GP is your way forward to getting your licence back......

Unfortunately there is no easy way of saying this .. it's going to be a very long battle from now .. I hope I'm wrong but I think they will revoke for 12 months with many clauses etc within it .. solely on the fact you have been unconscious irrelevant of alcohol .. combined your going to have a mountain to climb ..but it done be climbed .. there are some good people on here that have been through the mill with the dvla process .. your doctor and the medical profession are your only chance but I feel in 12 months you may just be starting the process again .. it what you do in that 12 months that will get you though .. prepare to the max and cover everything before replying if that's the case
DVLA will now right to your GP and neurologist requesting information on your fitness to drive, it's essential that you see your doctor for getting your licence back as they will send him a medical report to be completed, if you continue to avoid your doctor how can they possible assess your fitness to drive and a refusal would be likely, I can't stress enough how important it is to see your doctor..... A lot of folk don't realise until they visit the forum that your GP is your way forward to getting your licence back......
[/QUo

The dvla have known for 3 years that I’ve had seizures . They were told why I surrendered it at the time. It’s only now I’ve reached the 1 year without a seizure that allows me to reapply. I don’t see how that can be a issue . The only reason I can see them having a reason to reject my application is if they believe I’m drinking to much which I guess if they do is fair enough and I’ll need to apply again in 6 months . My doctor is comfortable my seizures are controlled without medication

The dvla have wrote to my neurologist before they asked me to go for a medical . From what she told me at my last meeting I would assume she told them I’m fit to drive

yeah I’m not worried about the test . It was just that one question on the audit firm. Guess I’ll just have to wait 3 weeks till they reply. Can just hope my doctor has backed me up and they give me a 1/3 year license
It can be done .. I have just got mine for 12 months .. not easy though. Have you had an M2 sent to your doctor ? And have they called you in to address it ?

I accept you say you have not drank for 3 weeks .. the alarm bells will ring for the DVLA that you are still drinking and have been in the last 12 months . Which with the incorrect amount my well result in a blackout .. they (the DVLA ) should tell people what they expect prior to application so one can prepare but they don't .. I think you will be told to do X Y and Z for the next 22 months then reply it's not until you get to where you have got to know that they show there hand so to speak .. as had they written and told you that process you could have prepared more

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off