dvla sent questionaire to my doctor

Convicted Driver Insurance

rich g

hi all, had a medical on 4th sept ,dvla said it wasn't to there requirments,because the doctor they sent me to sent off my bloods to late.so had another one 29th oct,now they say they have wrote to my gp for more information,can anybody tell me what they will be asking for as ive never been to my docs for anything alcohol related ,many thanks

Hi rich g there is a good chance they are writing to your doctors because maybe your CDT levels were in the amber zone 2.2/2.9 = problematic, with a reading of this kind they will almost certainly write to your doctor however what was your alcohol intake for the last two weeks before your medical?

Maybe like you said no drink involved, when you filled in your medical questionnaire did you tick yes to any questions i.e. drinking, mental health, fits or blackouts, seizures if you have ticked a yes box then this will red flag you for dvla to write to your doctor, however answering your question they would send a DD2 medical form out to your doctors for them to complete...

I got a letter to my gp even though I had a CDT of 1% - if you have ever told your gp you drink more than 14 units a week you are classed as drinking more in excess of gov guidelines and you may get an extension to your ban

I got a letter to my gp even though I had a CDT of 1% - if you have ever told your gp you drink more than 14 units a week you are classed as drinking more in excess of gov guidelines and you may get an extension to your ban

This is kinda what happened to me. I went to see my GP in Apr 18 for mild depression and when asked how much I drank in a week, I simply stated up to 3 bottles of wine. Dr stated it was above guidelines and that was it. Fast forward to Tuesday of this week to see my new GP to fill out the GP questionnaire to find that the previous Dr had marked that I went to see him for alcohol issues which was wrong although I guess I was drinking slightly more than the 'guidelines'. New Dr ticked 'Yes' to misuse in the last three years. Anyways, I called DVLA to discuss the possible outcome and was told that they're looking for misuse in the last 6 months so not to worry too much.

I'm expecting a year or three year licence any time soon. OP will be fine if there hasn't been any mention of alcohol.

Hi rich g,

It appears that more and more people are reporting that the DVLA are writing to the their GP after an HRO medical, myself included, which makes me think that it is standard practice.

I’m not sure how far back into your medical history they go, but I have seen 6 years as a figure being thrown around recently. This seems strange as there were a few things on my history which would have probably delayed my application somewhat but these were just over a year before my medical, so it leads me to believe they only go back a year (assuming your bloods come back OK and you didn’t answer yes to any of the questions).

Only you will know if there is anything on your history related to alcohol and if you answered yes to any of the questions.

Good Luck!

MM

Hi Rich G - don't worry too much about it, but have a look at the post I've just put on re my experiences ( https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/threads/cdt-test.119464/ ). Get in touch with your GP surgery and ask them to email or send you copies of all correspondence in both directions with DVLA. Also ask that you see your GP's report before it gets sent to DVLA. You can also ask DVLA for copies of letters both ways, in the event that your GP surgery 'inadvertently' omits anything.
Good luck buddy!

Hi Rich G - don't worry too much about it, but have a look at the post I've just put on re my experiences ( https://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/threads/cdt-test.119464/ ). Get in touch with your GP surgery and ask them to email or send you copies of all correspondence in both directions with DVLA. Also ask that you see your GP's report before it gets sent to DVLA. You can also ask DVLA for copies of letters both ways, in the event that your GP surgery 'inadvertently' omits anything.
Good luck buddy!
thanks mate . what really pissed me off is that first test said not to there requirments , dvla told me there doctor never sent my bloods off in time , shouldn't they know the timescale ?
,after all they supposed to be professional ppl .my dr said that is medical negligance

thanks mate . what really pissed me off is that first test said not to there requirments , dvla told me there doctor never sent my bloods off in time , shouldn't they know the timescale ?
,after all they supposed to be professional ppl .my dr said that is medical negligance
Probably worth filing an official complaint with DVLA for this? Not sure that it would change anything, but it might at least speed things up for you

Probably worth filing an official complaint with DVLA for this? Not sure that it would change anything, but it might at least speed things up for you

Honestly, it’s not even worth the effort - by the time the DVLA have got round to looking at your complaint and acting on it, you could have been for another medical and be on the road to getting your license in the post.

Just my $0.02

MM

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off