Might I have got away with this?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Arob1984

So. I was arrested for drink driving on the evening/early morning of 28-28 june

I’d called in at my local on my way home and had around 13 pints of moretti between 18:00 and midnight when I got in the car and drove home. I crashed into my next door neighbours car. I then parked the car and got out before anyone had seen me driving. I went straight into the house where I stayed for about 10 mins before going back out to deal with what I’d done. The police arrived shortly after and breathalysed me. I blew 135 and was arrested. They took me to the station to breathalyse me there but the machine wasn’t working properly. They took a sample of blood , I don’t recall them putting any additives in the sample. I was interviewed the next morning and was very honest about it. I was released without charge and have still heard nothing.

So. I was arrested for drink driving on the evening/early morning of 28-28 june

I’d called in at my local on my way home and had around 13 pints of moretti between 18:00 and midnight when I got in the car and drove home. I crashed into my next door neighbours car. I then parked the car and got out before anyone had seen me driving. I went straight into the house where I stayed for about 10 mins before going back out to deal with what I’d done. The police arrived shortly after and breathalysed me. I blew 135 and was arrested. They took me to the station to breathalyse me there but the machine wasn’t working properly. They took a sample of blood , I don’t recall them putting any additives in the sample. I was interviewed the next morning and was very honest about it. I was released without charge and have still heard nothing.
The 135 reading can not be used as evidence ..
I believe (but I maybe wrong) they have to charge you within 6 months of the offence if after that they can't .. so if that is true your getting close to that date .. so you have not had any results from the blood sample ? You have not changed address or anything ?
If it's a 1st offence can't see it been jail .. you blood reading would have to be very high for them to consider that even if it was a 2nd or more time of been over and prosecuted .. they process blood very quickly as obviously it goes off or alters etc .. I would be very surprised with a roadside reading that high if your blood level was below the legal limit .. what time scale from arrest to taking blood was there ?

Jamdpa is right about 6 months, but it is 6 months for them to commence proceedings. It does not appear that you are on bail, so they would proceed by way of summons which has to be raised within 6 months but can be served on you later than the 6 months so you will have to sweat until the end of February before you would be in the clear.

There is no additive to be put in the blood sample, it is already in the container when the blood is put in, they just agitate the container and it mixes with the blood.

I was crashed into one morning in Aug 2015. Woke in hospital a few hours later with someone asking me right away whether I consented to having blood taken on suspicion of drink driving. I was so out of it but said 'yes'. That isn't the point though.. My point is that I heard nothing further until early Jan 2016 for a Feb court hearing.

I was arrested 9th June 2019, admitted drunk driving, gave a blood sample, but haven’t heard anything at all since I was released after interview?? It’s been 6 months 3 weeks now? Is there still a chance I will hear about a court date?

There is still a chance, the police have 6 months to instigate proceedings, and the summons can be served after that 6 month limit. Probably another 3 weeks or so to worry, but as the 6 months are up, and the Police cannot now slip the summons in to the system, you could enquire what the outcome was if you want clarity now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off