5 pints 4 days before medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Chelsea

Hi all I had my medical on Tuesday i had five to six pints of fosters on the 17/09/19 then on the 04/10/19 I had five pints of fosters again.

I had my medical on the 08/10/19 so within 21 days from the medical I have drunk twice 5 pints each time

I only drink once a month when I can get parents to have my children and I do not drink when at home.

I am waiting for my results I weigh 14 stone. And I am 5.7 in height, 25 years old

Can any body advise if this alcohol intake would take me over 2.1% into amber or red DVLA category?

I know every body is different but surely I could not fail for drinking once a month 14 units each time.. 14 units a month but in one sitting.

I am going crazy thinking I am going to fail I did not think I needed to abstain fully as my drinking is not bad but now i am panaking sounds stupid but can not think of any thing else nor can I sleep.

Please any advise or past experience or knowledge is very much appreciated thank you

Hi all I had my medical on Tuesday i had five to six pints of fosters on the 17/09/19 then on the 04/10/19 I had five pints of fosters again.

I had my medical on the 08/10/19 so within 21 days from the medical I have drunk twice 5 pints each time

I only drink once a month when I can get parents to have my children and I do not drink when at home.

I am waiting for my results I weigh 14 stone. And I am 5.7 in height, 25 years old

Can any body advise if this alcohol intake would take me over 2.1% into amber or red DVLA category?

I know every body is different but surely I could not fail for drinking once a month 14 units each time.. 14 units a month but in one sitting.

I am going crazy thinking I am going to fail I did not think I needed to abstain fully as my drinking is not bad but now i am panaking sounds stupid but can not think of any thing else nor can I sleep.

Please any advise or past experience or knowledge is very much appreciated thank you
Yes more than likely mainly because your 2nd bout of drinking was so close

But are they are looking for alcoholics they are not saying you carnt drink I drunk 150 grams in one night. If you read this from viapath where they send the blood for testing they state 200 to 300g two nights a week would give a reading of 1.5 - 3.0%

Have you any experience of this ? Do you think this would take me into amber or red

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-034736.png
    Screenshot_20191010-034736.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 19
But are they are looking for alcoholics they are not saying you carnt drink I drunk 150 grams in one night. If you read this from viapath where they send the blood for testing they state 200 to 300g two nights a week would give a reading of 1.5 - 3.0%

Have you any experience of this ? Do you think this would take me into amber or red
I would think you will be in the amber zone

I would think you will be in the amber zone
Hopefully do you no what happens in the amber zone I have never been to doctors for alcohol problems I have never had the need to. Do you still get Ur licence or a temporary one thank you for your replys

Amber zone represents problematic drinking and dvla will investigate further with regards to your doctor, they can refuse a license on the basis of abnormal blood markets and you can reapply when your bloods have returned to normal, but the fact is we don't know what your baseline is so we can speculate all day. CDT is to test for heavy alcoholism drinking and many people in your situation get their license back after having a drink, this is the overthinking stage now and don't panic too much, even if you were in the red you will get your licence back it'll just take longer......

Hi honestman thanks for your reply. I just think five pints once a month is not bad and should not be refused a licence I thought they were looking for problematic drinkers or heavy binge drinkers just worried as it was only 4 days before the test

But was hoping as viapath says 200 to 300grams two days a week would cause a result of 1.5 to 3% surely 150grams would cause less.

But maybe they aren't thinking 4 days before the test. This is horrible ?

Yes I know the whole scenario is a horrible one but it's just another part of the process to reinstating your licence, personally I think you'll be ok and once again this is the overthinking stage where some people question themselves after the medical, dvla are not saying don't drink for hro they are saying drink in moderation, read the bottom part of this about binge drinking to put your mind at ease...

Attachments

• IMG_1183.PNG
    IMG_1183.PNG
    190.5 KB · Views: 15
Yes I read that bit that made me worry lol as I was thinking so I drank on the 4th and it says it would be diluted on the other 13 days but my medical was on the 8th so I only had 4 days of dilution just have to wait and see will update my results when in have rang DVLA today still nothing back I thought blood results came back next day ?

Not sure if you've read holtypops post recently, might help

Attachments

• IMG_1355.PNG
    IMG_1355.PNG
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1356.PNG
    IMG_1356.PNG
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
Your CDT results will be perfectly fine from information you gave on alcohol content, your CDT baseline will be plenty low enough*
What might trip you is what you said on paper! The Draconian dvla will not allow someone to enjoy a regular bevy even only once a month if your drinking your weekly units per day!
However truth be told am almost certain there will be no red flags# however don't panic if they choose to wright to your GP it's all very standard nowadays

Ido I was just worried that some people may over exadurate. Or if there are people that fail the medical but post saying they have passed after drinking x ammount just so other people think it's okay then fail too..

This might just be trust issues and paranoi lol I mean that is quite a heavy binge to pass on isn't it.

Your CDT results will be perfectly fine from information you gave on alcohol content, your CDT baseline will be plenty low enough*
What might trip you is what you said on paper! The Draconian dvla will not allow someone to enjoy a regular bevy even only once a month if your drinking your weekly units per day!
However truth be told am almost certain there will be no red flags# however don't panic if they choose to wright to your GP it's all very standard nowadays
Thank you for your repl
Thank you for your reply craig121 yes I was worried but I thought being honest would be best as I didn't see the harm in 5 pints once a month. Hopefully get below 2.1%

Will do, do you no any more about AMBER zone if they check with GP and they do not have issues do they usually issue a temporary licence other wise what is the the zone for might aswell just be green and red ? And will ring again tomorrow lol will post what happens

Amber zone will not always trigger a temporary licence , however if your GP has any information regarding your alcohol intake last 3 years then yes you will come under some scrutiny.
Your doing nothing wrong TBF you lost your licence you drink a little and the dvla are only following procedures that weed our dependancy or misuse! U don't even come close to that so amber zone should be fine for full licence

Last edited:
Amber zone will not always trigger a temporary licence , however if your GP has any information regarding your alcohol intake last 3 years then yes you will come under from some scrutiny.
Your doing nothing wrong TBF you lost your licence you drink a little and the dvla are only following procedures that weed our dependancy or misuse! U don't even come close to that so amber zone should be fine for full licence
I've never been doctors for anything like that infact I've seen the doctor once on the last 3 years as I had a week of work and needed sick note..

Bet half of these DVLA doctors drink a few bottle of wine a night. Hope fully get a full or temp licence then thank you for input Craig will update

Gaurentee you will be fine the real problems for HRO' are dependancy you come nothing even remotely close to that, don't worry by all the info you gave assured full licence#
But for the record if you are HRO you should speak with your GP atleast once whilst banned!
If your Dependant or Misuse you should attend every 3 months and insist full LVT(liver test)

Gaurentee you will be fine the real problems for HRO' are dependancy you come nothing even remotely close to that, don't worry by all the info you gave assured full licence#
But for the record if you are HRO you should speak with your GP atleast once whilst banned!
If your Dependant or Misuse you should attend every 3 months and insist full LVT(liver test)
Hopefully yes and no not dependant literally drink once a month now when can get parents to have are daughters and I do keep to a limit of five pints.. just feel silly doing this days before the test.. but as I say I was thinking abstaining was for the serious drinkers and heavy bingers
No I'm not dependent I drink once a month when are parents will have are daughters and my limit is 5 pints I did not think I had to abstain as I don't drink all that much but after the medical realising how serious it was I felt stupid drinking days before Nd should of postponed are night out just hoping all goes well thank you again

It's a stupid reaction to drink with nerves n guilt /stupidity prior a medical ? nobody likes them everyone here can testify!, you will have a full licence your perfectly fine x
But be careful in future lol

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off