Completed Drink driving course received certificate but no reduction yet??

Convicted Driver Insurance

joe pasha

Well Known Member
I have completed course match 2019 and received my certificate but when I checked DVLA
I can’t see any reduction!!?

Contacted local court and no one picking up that bloody phone ? ?

I still have a year until getting my Licence back, I want to get over this and not worry anymore!

Any advice please?

Personally I wouldnt recommend anyone to do the course. I was banned for17 months, and told if I did the course it would be reduced to 13 months. It was over 2 years till I got my licence back - longer than the ban in the 1st place... AND it cost me about £150 (from memory). £150, - for zero return. Honestly, it was the worst experience of my life - from start to finish. They told me ”driving is a privilege, not a right". And the DVLA do not rush, all they did was dangle the carrot, and move the goal post. I even got a piece of paper allowing me to drive after about 18 months of being banned, only to have it withdrawn - for another 6 months. Basically they get round to you in their own time. I would point out tho, that I was a high risk offender, so I had to have a medical too (another £100). If you're not a HRO, then you'll automatically get your licence back once your ban is served. I hope you do get it back earlier, just don't assume you will. Fingers crossed for you.

Personally I wouldnt recommend anyone to do the course. I was banned for17 months, and told if I did the course it would be reduced to 13 months. It was over 2 years till I got my licence back - longer than the ban in the 1st place... AND it cost me about £150 (from memory). £150, - for zero return. Honestly, it was the worst experience of my life - from start to finish. They told me ”driving is a privilege, not a right". And the DVLA do not rush, all they did was dangle the carrot, and move the goal post. I even got a piece of paper allowing me to drive after about 18 months of being banned, only to have it withdrawn - for another 6 months. Basically they get round to you in their own time. I would point out tho, that I was a high risk offender, so I had to have a medical too (another £100). If you're not a HRO, then you'll automatically get your licence back once your ban is served. I hope you do get it back earlier, just don't assume you will. Fingers crossed for you.

Your logic is flawed. DVLA would presumably still taken the same amount of time if you had not done the course, so by doing it you were able to start the process 4 months earlier than if you had followed your own advice and not bothered. How is that zero return?

Im not HRO mate
Cheers

You got to start that whole process 4 months earlier than you would have been starting it had you not done the course. It ended up taking 24 months, if you had have started that process when your 17 month ban actually finished the process would have taken 28 months in your case. You paid £150 to save 4 months. About 90% of cases on this forum are dealth with within an 8 week time frame, just because yours wasn't doesn't mean the course isn't worth the money. My ban just finished 3 months early, I should get my licence back around the time my original ban is up. If I didn't do the course I wouldn't have saved them 3 months and would be getting my licence back in November rather than August.

Your logic is flawed. DVLA would presumably still taken the same amount of time if you had not done the course, so by doing it you were able to start the process 4 months earlier than if you had followed your own advice and not bothered. How is that zero return?
So the ball got rolling 4 months earlier than if I hadn't done the course ...but took 7 more months to get a my licence back. That's 20 months, served on a 13 month ban ....with the course - or not. Now I know i work for a bank, but even I can't do the maths on this one. I wonder if I'd have to have waited another 4 months then, had I not have done that course mmmmmmm. Well I'm just telling my experience. Good luck though, to everyone waiting to get back behind the wheel.

So the ball got rolling 4 months earlier than if I hadn't done the course ...but took 7 more months to get a my licence back. That's 20 months, served on a 13 month ban ....with the course - or not. Now I know i work for a bank, but even I can't do the maths on this one. I wonder if I'd have to have waited another 4 months then, had I not have done that course mmmmmmm. Well I'm just telling my experience. Good luck though, to everyone waiting to get back behind the wheel.

So if you hadn't had done the course it still would have taken 7 more months. So with your full ban plus 7 months it would have been 24 months, with the course it was 20 months. You still saved 4 months

Im not HRO mate
Cheers
So if you hadn't had done the course it still would have taken 7 more months. So with your full ban plus 7 months it would have been 24 months, with the course it was 20 months. You still saved 4 months

It seems that being good at maths is not a requirement for working in a bank these days........

I have completed course match 2019 and received my certificate but when I checked DVLA
I can’t see any reduction!!?

Contacted local court and no one picking up that bloody phone ? ?

I still have a year until getting my Licence back, I want to get over this and not worry anymore!

Any advice please?
Hi, if I remember correctly part of the course input featured a bit on when to start applying to get your licence back so if I were in your position I would be phoning the dvla a few months before you believe your medical etc is due to make sure you can get things in place so you don't suffer any delays, in reply to the other poster on here stating they wouldn't advise doing a course to save the time then that's the worst piece of advice I've ever heard !! I got 24 months reduced to 18 and got my licence back pretty much to the day , that's the biggest pile of nonsense I've ever read on here

@Bigsando007 which did you apply for your license?
Can't remember drew but I was sent a reminder by the dvla that I would be receiving information regarding a medical in the near future which then came through, if you haven't received anything then call dvla and chase them , interestingly the PNC (police national computer) had been updated well before my licence was returned stating the ban at 18 months and not 24 ?

hi everyone,

a bit update about my recent post.

after i have made numerous call to my local court i finally managed to speak with someone.

she said (from court) they have not got anything so i need to send another email this time to court administrator not to actual court email!!
so it did work and i made it.

the course i attended was actually useless because i did it everything from my end even though i was abroad and all good now.
so i have got my reduction and i am satisfied from my hard work.

NO DRINK ANYMORE BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW WHAT IS THE RESULT OF THIS CRAP THINGS!

GOD HELP ALL OF US TO STAY AWAY FROM THIS BLOODY THING.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off