DBS

Convicted Driver Insurance

lauralings

Hi, has anyone had a dr10, and then had to do a enhanced DBS check?, I have googled and asked around and everything states that because it is a road traffic conviction and not a criminal conviction it doesn’t appear on a DBS check, any help at all I would appreciate tia

Hi, has anyone had a dr10, and then had to do a enhanced DBS check?, I have googled and asked around and everything states that because it is a road traffic conviction and not a criminal conviction it doesn’t appear on a DBS check, any help at all I would app

Sorry I re-rear your post. Mine was a conviction drink driving . Speeding etc doesn't appear on the dbs
Dr10 is also a drink driving conviction, but I’ve seen that on the dbs check it is classed as a road traffic and not criminal, I am so confused ?

Can confirm as it was on mine. Drink driving is a recordable offence and will be shown on a DBS check for 11 years. Many driving convictions such as speeding, no insurance and using a phone are non-recordable offences and as such will not show up on a DBS check.

Hi, has anyone had a dr10, and then had to do a enhanced DBS check?, I have googled and asked around and everything states that because it is a road traffic conviction and not a criminal conviction it doesn’t appear on a DBS check, any help at all I would appreciate tia

You have asked the wrong people then!
It is classed as a criminal conviction and, as others have said, will appear on a DBS check for 11 years.... PROVIDING that is your only conviction. If you have, or you gain, another criminal conviction (not just drink driving) then both will NEVER be spent for DBS purposes.

You have asked the wrong people then!
It is classed as a criminal conviction and, as others have said, will appear on a DBS check for 11 years.... PROVIDING that is your only conviction. If you have, or you gain, another criminal conviction (not just drink driving) then both will NEVER be spent for DBS purposes.
Thank you, I was asking my stepdad who has had enhanced dbs checks done as part of working with vulnerable adults, and he stated that none of his driving history came up on his, his most recent one being 2016, that’s why I was confused, so basically I am to declare this dr10 before the check is done and hope for the best after the check.

Yes the dbs takes longer to come through as they have to check the police records etc. Mine took 6 weeks. I was honest with employers and they were fine with it.

All motoring offences processed by the police are criminal offences. The only ones that aren't are ones processed by councils which are referred to as decriminalised.

The difference is some offences are recordable - meaning they show on your DBS check. Some less serious offences, like speeding, aren't recordable. So you don't get a criminal record for speeding, but you do get one for drink driving.

If you have a normal DBS check then the drink driving will show for five years from the date of conviction.

If you have an enhanced DBS check, e.g. if you are working with children or vulnerable adults - then it is the police's discretion whether to show it beyond five yuears, but in my experience they always do. I knew someone who couldn't hold a key for a church because the police still disclosed a 14 year old DD offence on the enhanced check.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off