Charged with failing to provide a specimen of breath

Convicted Driver Insurance

markc

Hello i have bean charged with failing to provide a specimen of breath and i have got to have a medical but have a needle phobia so wont give blood can i still do the medical

Is it that you don’t like needles, or that you have a phobia?
There is a big difference!
Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Have you ever declined to have inoculations or a Tetanis jab?
I think the best way, if the answers are no to tattoos and yes to the injection bits, then speak with your doctor and see if he / she will be prepared to give you a letter saying that you have a genuine fear of needles which you can supply to DVLA and they will consider an alternative.
If the answers are the other way round, you may not like needles but you have shown that you are prepared to have needles used if you want to, so you will have to suck it up and have another one.......

Do you have any tattoos or piercings? Have you ever declined to have inoculations or a Tetanis jab?
I think the best way, if the answers are no to tattoos and yes to the injection bits, then speak with your doctor and see if he / she will be prepared to give you a letter saying that you have a genuine fear of needles which you can supply to DVLA and they will consider an alternative.
If the answers are the other way round, you may not like needles but you have shown that you are prepared to have needles used if you want to, so you will have to suck it up and have another one.......
I have a phobia

You need to contact the DVLA. If it was a nursing test the options would be either pay for the extra medical teams needed to sedate you, or submit an application without the CDT test with the higher likelihood it will be declined.

The cheapest option would be Ineox, which is nitrous oxide, it gives you an out of body spacer out feeling (I can highly recommend it!). You won't care about anything on that, but it can be difficult to get hold of outside an acute setting.

The other option is to speak to your GP and see if they will give you some short acting anti-anxiety medication like diazepam but I'm not sure how bad your phobia is.

Either way the best option by far would be to get a blood sample by some method, unfortunately for every person that has genuine needle phobia there is probably one who uses it to try and get out if the test.

In that case you need to make the choice whether to pay for the extra medical sedation, or the risk of submitting an application without CDT unless the DVLA can tell you a different option. CDT can as far as I know only be measured by a blood test.

It may or may not help but if you have good veins and a nurse/doctor who knows what they are doing then a blood sample should be virtually painless and take less than thirty seconds.

Working in A&E you fairly often encounter people with a needle phobia when it is necessary to take bloods. When you actually manage people tend to be amazed it has actually happened because they don't feel much. The problem is the patience a nurse can have in A&E isn't going to be shared by a doctor on a fixed fee.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off