Went to court - License Revoked - License sent back? HUH!

Convicted Driver Insurance

ZoePotter

Well basically i have been thinking about this for quite a long time. I was in court on the 29th July this year for drink driving. Blew 89 :/ Got a 20 month ban reduced to 15 after doing the course and received a £100 fine and get my license straight back without resit.. I am happy with all that as i assumed after only driving for 6 months it would be a lot worse!

Anyways, when i was in court they took my license off me (normal procedure) but in a week they sent me a brand new plastic license and paper license without the ban on them. Was just wondering if anybody knows why they sent me this back?

Thanks

Well basically i have been thinking about this for quite a long time. I was in court on the 29th July this year for drink driving. Blew 89 :/ Got a 20 month ban reduced to 15 after doing the course and received a £100 fine and get my license straight back without resit.. I am happy with all that as i assumed after only driving for 6 months it would be a lot worse!

Anyways, when i was in court they took my license off me (normal procedure) but in a week they sent me a brand new plastic license and paper license without the ban on them. Was just wondering if anybody knows why they sent me this back?

Thanks

Obviously DVLA have made an error.

I assume you say he drove without a problem because he wasn’t stopped by the police. If he had, there would definitely have been problems. He defied an order of the court by driving, and he would have had no insurance, which is an absolute offence. Try saying “don’t do me, blame DVLA”

Not made up dude.. but whenever the cops pulled him, which happened twice I believe he was able to pull out a driving licence. Had the dug a little deeper and found out he was technically banned then yes .. he’d have been in some ****.

Another guy I know wrote his car off while out his head on ‘street’ Valium... but when drug tested diazepam didn’t show up, obvious cos the street ones were fake all hell containing only gods what & the drug test didn’t show any illegal drugs he kept his licence even though he was quite clearly out of his mind
. The drug test did not pick up whatever caused him to get so F’d up or if did there was no guideline on how it should be perceived & dealt with legally. Think they were some banned Benzo from Russia or someplace

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off