Chances of having low CDT count?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Avidangler

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, and am looking for some advice please.
I am just about to send off for renewal of my license and I have to have a hro medical.
I have abstained from drinking alcohol since 1st Jan this year. What are my chances of having a low CDT count ?
Thank you in advance for any replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, and am looking for some advice please.
I am just about to send off for renewal of my license and I have to have a hro medical.
I have abstained from drinking alcohol since 1st Jan this year. What are my chances of having a low CDT count ?
Thank you in advance for any replies.

It really does depend I'm afraid. I'm unlucky enough to have a consistently raised CDT regardless of abstaining. You should be ok now though. Most are I'm told ...

Thanks for your reply, I've never had a CDT test before, and I realise its completely different to a normal blood test, but my recent blood test at my doctors came back as everything normal and within range, even my GGT was 37

Thanks for your reply, I've never had a CDT test before, and I realise its completely different to a normal blood test, but my recent blood test at my doctors came back as everything normal and within range, even my GGT was 37

That's encouraging but all my liver function tests were within healthy parameters and my CDT was still high illustrating CDT can be high regardless. I really don't want to worry you as the vast majority of people have a CDT result commensurate with their alcohol intake.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but to be on the safe side abstain before the test for a week or so. If you can't do that at least drink minimally.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off