Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter

Thread: Chances of having low CDT count?

Avidangler is offline Member

Default Chances of having low CDT count?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site, and am looking for some advice please.
    I am just about to send off for renewal of my license and I have to have a hro medical.
    I have abstained from drinking alcohol since 1st Jan this year. What are my chances of having a low CDT count ?
    Thank you in advance for any replies.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 02-24-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Default Re: Chances of having low CDT count?

Quote Originally Posted by Avidangler View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this site, and am looking for some advice please.
    I am just about to send off for renewal of my license and I have to have a hro medical.
    I have abstained from drinking alcohol since 1st Jan this year. What are my chances of having a low CDT count ?
    Thank you in advance for any replies.
    It really does depend I'm afraid. I'm unlucky enough to have a consistently raised CDT regardless of abstaining. You should be ok now though. Most are I'm told ...

Avidangler is offline Member

Thanks for your reply, I've never had a CDT Test before, and I realise its completely different to a normal blood test, but my recent blood test at my doctors came back as everything normal and within range, even my GGT was 37

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Avidangler View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I've never had a CDT Test before, and I realise its completely different to a normal blood test, but my recent blood test at my doctors came back as everything normal and within range, even my GGT was 37
    That's encouraging but all my liver function tests were within healthy parameters and my CDT was still high illustrating CDT can be high regardless. I really don't want to worry you as the vast majority of people have a CDT result commensurate with their alcohol intake.

I'm sure you'll be fine, but to be on the safe side abstain before the test for a week or so. If you can't do that at least drink minimally.