Looking for some advice on CDT tests

Convicted Driver Insurance

cowleygains

Hi everyone

Over Christmas i made a stupid mistake and & failed to provide a specimen for analysis.

I'm no banned for 18 months & I'm classed as a high risk offender (HRO).

Its a long way away yet, but i wanted to be prepared for the CDT test.

I've trawled the internet, but couldn't find the answers to these questions, any help is appreciated and hopefully it will help someone else too!

I dont drink throughout the week, I just go hard on every 1 or 2 weekends, which is a habit I can easily stop for 3 months or more before the test, if it will get in the way of me driving again!

My questions are...

1. Will anabolic steroids affect the results of a CDT test.

2. What about cocaine/MDMA ect?
Not that I'm a regular user, I sometimes get caught up in the moment a few times a year, as many others do.

3. Many of my friends smoke weed, never been one for it myself, but do i need to leave the room when they're smoking before the test?

I understand many of you may disagree with these life choices, but I'm looking for help, not life coaching, on top of these unhealthy habits, I go to the gym and do cardio every day and i work full time, I'm not some unemployed, smelly drug addict.

I will not judge your lifestyle, but you will have to understand that my advice can only Centre on advising people to tell the truth on the medical questionnaire that they are sent prior to the examination. It will ask about drug and alcohol use. Depending on those answers, if drug use is indicated, or suspected during the medical examination (perhaps track marks if there is i/v use) then a sample of blood or urine could be required for analysis. Cannabis is th worst drug for lingering in the system and can show up in samples for 28-35 days. That is not to say that you are impaired for this length of time though, more likely a day or so.
The basic blood test is a CDT test to show alcohol abuse / dependence. Steroids do not affect this.
it is hard to say what effect a fortnightly ‘go hard’ would have on a CDT result. One persons go hard is another persons ‘just getting started’...... you do not have to abstain from alcohol. The general thinking is that if you stick to 14-21 units per week for a female, or 21-28 units a week for a man (more than the current heath guidelines of 14 for both) for a few weeks before the medical then you should have no problem in passing. I put it like this to people on my courses: “You LIKE a Drink, you NEED your licence back.” Which is more important?

I will not judge your lifestyle, but you will have to understand that my advice can only Centre on advising people to tell the truth on the medical questionnaire that they are sent prior to the examination. It will ask about drug and alcohol use. Depending on those answers, if drug use is indicated, or suspected during the medical examination (perhaps track marks if there is i/v use) then a sample of blood or urine could be required for analysis. Cannabis is th worst drug for lingering in the system and can show up in samples for 28-35 days. That is not to say that you are impaired for this length of time though, more likely a day or so.
The basic blood test is a CDT test to show alcohol abuse / dependence. Steroids do not affect this.
it is hard to say what effect a fortnightly ‘go hard’ would have on a CDT result. One persons go hard is another persons ‘just getting started’...... you do not have to abstain from alcohol. The general thinking is that if you stick to 14-21 units per week for a female, or 21-28 units a week for a man (more than the current heath guidelines of 14 for both) for a few weeks before the medical then you should have no problem in passing. I put it like this to people on my courses: “You LIKE a Drink, you NEED your licence back.” Which is more important?

Thanks for your help

So steroids wont affect it
Make sure to abstain from coke/MDMA long enough until its out your system properly
And dont drink much for a while beforehand

You're right, the drinking is not necessary, only fun, and I can avoid for months on end if it would get in the way of driving again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off