Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revoked Licence

Milton is offline Member

Default Re: Revoked Licence

Hi, although I agree with you post regarding serious medical conditions that make a person a danger on the roads,
    I still think there is a confusion. Please let me explain.
    I am am OAP free bus pass holder and from Monday to Thursday I bus down to my local town.
    I go in the pubs and drink quite a lot. I bus back home well before closing time.
    I don't drink on Fridays so I am completely sober for the weekend.
    On weekends I use my car to visit my son and daughters.
    I therefore do not drink and drive at all.
    However, you seem to be implying that any deficiency in my liver function detected by a GP would result in
    my licence being revoked.
    I don't understand how any deficiency in my liver function makes me a danger to other road users.
    If I was stopped and breath tested on the weekend I would pass with flying colours.
    Are you implying that a deficiency in my liver function when I haven't been drinking makes me equivalent to a
    driver who is drunk?
    If that's the case then I will forget my bus pass, stop waiting for the bus in the cold and drive to the pubs.

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

This debate is fine for the pub but does not assist with the purpose of this site which is to offer practical help and advice to people who have been stopped for drink driving. Perhaps you should form a pressure group to lobby for a change in the law, but with Brexit in the foremost of politicians minds for the foreseeable future I would not hold my breath on any changes being made as to how a persons fitness to hold a driving licence is assessed by DVLA.
    I think your last sentence shows the depth of your thinking and I will not bother spending more of my time on discussing this further.

Milton is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    The origanal poster stated:

"A friend of mine has had her driving licence revoked by the DVLA because of information
    received alleging alcohol dependence".

Therefore the original poster was referring to someone who was not stopped for dring driving.
    I therefore wonder why you allowed that posting and other simalar postings to appear on this site.

I never mentioned the EU or Brexit in my postings. However, it's interesting to read your comments regarding
    the EU and Brexit.

I always suspected that the EU were behind all these mad extensions to the drink drive laws.

You have confirmed my suspicions, and thank you for that.

I will continue using the bus to visit the pubs in the week and if you and the EU consider me to be a danger on the
    road you are welcome to your opinion.

If you and the EU consider a motorist who hasn't had an accident in 43 years of driving is a danger on the road
    then I think you need to reconsider your ideas on danger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12