Supporting Evidence after Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

RoughShift

Hi folks,

So I went for the medical at the end of last week and detailed what went down in a previous post, I’m fairly sure that following this the DVLA are gonna want a note from my GP & that’s all good as he’s on board with my application. I’m just wondering if I could send anything else to the DVLA medical group that would support me. I can’t stress how important this is to me right now & im willing to pull all the stops to make sure I get the outcome I’m needing. I have close family who are willing to write on my behalf & confirm that my behaviour has changed completely since date of ban & I am taking recovery extreme seriously. I lost my licence due to drugs being found in my system. That was in 2008, the ban was actually up in 2012 but it’s only now Im attempting to get it reinstated. They would also tell the DVLA that they would be another set of eyes, & would take steps immediately to strip me of my licence should I ever show signs of using again.. in fact it was my mom who tipped the cops off in 2008 which in turn resulted in my ban, so I have zero doubts she would do so again, even at the risk of me going to the jail. I kinda understand, she would rather I was locked up & safe rather than locked up with a trail of victims & carnage behind me...or even dead myself. The problem is, I don’t think the DVLA would even read them if I sent. They certainly don’t encourage you to send anything else in support. I have a sneaky feeling that everything is done by the book, or in this case the paperwork, if it’s not in the form they don’t care or wanna know. On the flip side, they ain’t gonna rip your application just cos you sent a couple of positive letters & would at least let them see that there are checks n balances in place on my end. So what ya think? Massive waste of time or worth a shot? Surely it cannot hurt? Maybe some of you have sent in supporting evidence that they never asked for? Id beinterested to read how that went. Think il wait til they tell me they are getting in touch with my GP then send it off. I won’t ask them in an email as I’m sure they would say not to bother.

Cheers

personally I wouldn't do it, druggies and alcoholics are the biggest liars in the world if..... your clean and your doctor says so that's all they want to hear to issue your licence

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off