gobsmacked

Convicted Driver Insurance

morgan cat

Hi im new so please bear with me, i drank heavily in August but didnt drink and drive, my gp advised me to get in touch with the DVLA as i was detoxed, i wish i never did get in touch as i received a letter this morning saying my licence has been revoked for 12 months from this month even though i havent had a drink since August ,can anyone advise me please what to do, im a nurse and totally rely on my car, thanks.

Hi Morgan. I have had a similar experience so can appreciate how frustrating it is! I believe you can appeal the decision if you write to the DVLA, you may need supporting evidence from your GP. I tried that approach but they wrote back telling me they needed me to be abstinent/have my drinking controlled for 6 months before they would reconsider. It might be worth asking on the solicitor forum for advice on appealing?

I did really struggle at first not being able to drive, but public transport isn't all bad. I don't know what it's like in your city but you can generally get to where you need to go on a bus. Or perhaps someone would be willing to car-share with you?

Hi im new so please bear with me, i drank heavily in August but didnt drink and drive, my gp advised me to get in touch with the DVLA as i was detoxed, i wish i never did get in touch as i received a letter this morning saying my licence has been revoked for 12 months from this month even though i havent had a drink since August ,can anyone advise me please what to do, im a nurse and totally rely on my car, thanks.

A friend of mine had the same experience. It took her a year to get her licence back but she was only issued a 1 year licence and the same the following year (she had to show 3 years with out any alcohol issues) then had to do a medical and blood tests but she eventually got a full 10 year licence back. I know she was extremely frustrated but I suppose the DVLA has a duty of care to the public and needs to be sure you are fit to drive.

I believe you can appeal through the magistrates court though I would imagine it would be difficult to win.

Good luck

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off