CDT result

Convicted Driver Insurance

miserable

Hello,

My license application is taking FOREVER (well it feels like, especially as I should have been behind the wheel last week)!

Anyways, I requested my CDT results to be sent out and I thought I’d put them on here for anyone else who’s about to sit a medical.

I abstained for 19 days. On the Saturday previous to me starting my abstinence I had a binge of about ten units. My result was 0.6%. ?

For my previous medichecks cdt in May for which I did not abstain at all I got a result of 0.9%

Good luck to all those going through the process of getting our license back. It seems it’s a lottery as to the timescales

Fantastic news! Hope you get back on the road soon!

I have had some issues myself but have finally got a letter through to book an appointment. My only worry is that I have been drinking alcohol free larger on occasion and half a mulled wine last week :(

I think I'll be fine but can't be so sure so here goes nothing I suppose!

Keep us updated on your progress.

You’ll be fine with that I should think. I get the impression you have to be drinking fairly heavily to fail.
Fingers crossed the DVLA will pull their finger out this week. I applied on the 1st September!

I hope so too. I was a medium drinker back in September but have gone cold turkey since except the wine and alcohol free stuff.

It's taken that Long for you? That is insane! How did you request for the cdt results?

I used to drink a lot more than I do now to be fair. I was a wine drinker and I’ve realised that it’s just really bad for me and bumps up my units.

To get your results you need to email them with a scan of your signature (I just took a picture on my phone and attached it). It can take up to 40 days but they had it back to me in 2 weeks. I’m still anxious that they won’t give me it back for some reason so won’t be happy until I have it in my hand!

Wine is so good though! Haha
Ah thanks. I'll do the same when the time comes.

I think the only issue possible for you is answering yes to having an accident. I don't think it's going to affect the decision as much as saying that you've been to the Drs because of drink though.

Keep pestering them though as they do take their time. My application was closed at first because they didn't realise I'm on a 3 month ban. Somehow they thought I was off for 3 years and after a month I called wondering what was going on.
I hope to be in and seen to before christmas though as i do like my brandy pudding! Lol.

I also love wine but alas it’s it not for me. I have the occasional glass of prosecco as I can’t resist the bubbles!

I’m gonna call them later today. Ugh!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off