Urine sample alcohol test results time frame & notification

Convicted Driver Insurance

shellyb17

Hi I wondered if anyone can help or is experiencing the same thing, I was in a car accident at the beginning of August and was taken to Hospital. I had a urine sample as id admitted drinking the previous night to the police and they said id get results in around 6 weeks. After worrying waiting I rang the police which were not that helpful but said there were no results on there system. Ive waited almost 4 months now and not heard anything. Should they have contacted me even if the result was under the limit? cant help worrying and dreading the post coming everyday

It would be good practice to inform you if the result was under the limit, but not all Police forces follow good practice......
the Police have 6 months to raise a summons, so you have a while to sweat. I take it that you do not have the name of the officer who dealt with you?

Thanks for the reply, I did have the police officers name but when I enquired a month after the accident I was told he wasn't in charge of the case. I have the incident number I was thinking of paying a visit to the police station to see if I can find out anything more. I rang about 3 weeks ago and the officer told me there was nothing on file.

I appreciate that you would like to know for peace of mind, but the downside is that the Police make enquiries and realise that they filed the sample results without raising a summons against you. If you get them to did out the paperwork now they still have time to take action against you.
I would just sweat it out and not risk stirring things up now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off