Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Nervous123 is offline Member

Default Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Hi,
    I have my hro medical this week. Have abstained from alcohol since 1st October with the exception of 4 cans of fosters on around 15th Oct.
    I had thought this was enough time for cdt levels to reduce back to normal (drinking 8 units a day for a considerable time prior to this). However, Iíve since read that I should have abstained for 12 weeks. No option to move medical as it needs to be done by the end of november.
    Any words of advice? Am I wasting my time or is there some slim hope of passing??

MrCo is offline Member

Default Re: Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Donít worry mate I stopped for 2 weeks prior and had a heavy session 8 days before my medical, put no on all the questions and tell them you hardly drink fuxk all, dunno what my CDT was, but I got my license through my door exactly 8 days after my medical.

Thanks, that is reassuring. How much did you normally drink before you stopped for the 2 weeks?

MrCo is offline Member

I work away lol so you can imagine everynight Iím away Iíll drink 5-6 pints and Few shots, but sometimes Iíll go 5-10 days without stopping away so I donít really Drink at all then, but I binge when I do drink, which isnít good for you, but allows your CDT to drop in between binges.

To have a raised CDT level you have gotta be sinking some serious units pal, I was panicking, as Iíve just continued my normal life drinking as I do without thinking about completely stopping an I was fine.

Well itís done now 😱. Had to answer yes to have I been advised to cut down drinking in the last 3 years because if they wrote to my gp and hadnít disclosed it that would screw my chances right up.
    He said liver feels normal and happy with everything so just a waiting game now

zebadee is offline Member

Good luck mate hope it's good news

They are writing to my GP. hope it doesnít take too long the wait is killing me

miserable is offline Member

Aw itís dreadful when they write to your gp, Iíve just been through it myself so I understand your frustration. Fingers crossed it passes quickly.
    Maybe you could call your doctors office and ask them to mark it as urgent?

How long did the whole process take?
    Iím hoping it is a good sign. Cdt must be low enough to not refuse a license outright?

miserable is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    My CDT was absolutely fine, I think they contacted my GP because I answered yes to having been in a accident due to drink driving. 😢
    Mine took ages to honest. Medical was on 18th Oct then they write to me on the 3rd ish of November to say they were contacting my gp. My license was issued last Wednesday on the 29th. To be fair once the DVLA has everything they needed they werenít too slow, it was my gp surgery who wouldnít fill in the paperwork, they had it at the surgery for almost 3 weeks!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast