Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Medical this week..second guessing cdt

LucyA is offline Member

Default Re: Medical this week..second guessing cdt

Hi
    i completed my medical and received my licence last month in the post. Stopped drinking for two months and plan to carry on not drinking as it was alcohol that got me in this mess.
    I recently applied for a volunteer position through the council. I have been completely transparent with my conviction. They are now asking me for details of which surgery I did my medical as I do not have confirmation that I passed my medical, just received my licence in the post. I am reluctant to do this as this is a bit too intrusive, can they contact the doctors to retrieve details of my medical as some things are extremely personal ? Do they have the right to do that? I understand that they will need to be reassured that I wil not do this again as will be dealing with children , but is this a step too far?
    Many thanks
    Lucy Williams

LucyA is offline Member

Hi
    i completed my medical and received my licence last month in the post. Stopped drinking for two months and plan to carry on not drinking as it was alcohol that got me in this mess.
    I recently applied for a volunteer position through the council. I have been completely transparent with my conviction. They are now asking me for details of which surgery I did my medical as I do not have confirmation that I passed my medical, just received my licence in the post. I am reluctant to do this as this is a bit too intrusive, can they contact the doctors to retrieve details of my medical as some things are extremely personal ? Do they have the right to do that? I understand that they will need to be reassured that I wil not do this again as will be dealing with children , but is this a step too far?
    Many thanks
    Lucy Williams

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

I have not come across an employer asking to have details of the doctor who did your medical before.
    They perhaps do not realise that the doctor in question will only have seen you as a ‘one off’ appointment and will hold no details of your personal history other than the questionnaire that you completed.
    Perhaps you should offer to get a letter from your own doctor to confirm that you are in good health and have no alcohol issues?
    Alternatively, if you did a course with TTC I would be happy to write a letter for you explaining that as a High Risk Offender you cannot get your licence back without passing a medical and this process has satisfied DVLA that you are not alcohol dependant. - send me a PM if this is something you would like me to do.

LucyA is offline Member

Many thanks for the below information. I did not do the dd course with TTC course ,
    ( it was IAA) but thank you for the offer. I think that is a good idea , I will contact my doctor and ask them for a letter confirming my health .

Best Wishes
    Lucy

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Happy to offer advice, even to people who did not chose the best company to do a course with........

LucyA is offline Member

It was IAM . Just got a letter about the nearest course to me after my conviction.To be fair was really good as am sure they all are.
    Thanks
    Lucy

RoughShift is offline Member

Honestly don’t know about this but any agency wanting a peek at your message records needs your permission 1st. If you have been upfront about your conviction I say give it as you do have it confirmed.. you got your license back. Although I do share your corncerns specially with giving the council info but it seems all went well with your medical and there’s nothing to hide

LucyA is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Hi yes , totally agree.
    Thanks

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456