How can I speed this up?

Convicted Driver Insurance

miserable

I’m getting so frustrated. My license is due back on the 21st which is 6 days away.

Had my medical on the 18th Oct and received a letter from the DVLA dated 2nd November saying they were contacting my gp. I spoke with my gp office on the 7th and asked them to mark it as urgent. Spoke with them again on the 13th and it’s still not been done, emailed yesterday and again today and it’s STILL not been done. I have been asked to call and ‘speak with the lady who deals with the reports’ on Friday. (This isn’t a gp, it’s a secretary) I don’t understand why I need to speak with her. There is nothing in my medical history that should prevent me getting license back (other than anxiety about 2.5 years ago ? ) nor do I think my cdt was out of range.

Is there anything I can do to hurry this along? The letter from the DVLA said it ‘could take up to 4 weeks’ which is the 30th November. I can just about deal with that even though it’s past my bam end date but I’m starting to think even that date is ambitious.

It’s so incredibly awful having your life in the hands of bureactic idiocy and feeling that nobody that can help you will help you. I have explained to the gp office how important this is, so many things in my life riding on driving again. In 6 days time I will have completed my sentence, I should be feeling joyful and grateful it’s over. Yet I am utterly beside myself.

Might be worth making an appointment to see your GP, they might be able to speed up the admin process for you. Understand your frustration, I'm now having to go for a medical myself - terrified!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off