Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRO test and CDT

miserable is offline Member

Default Re: HRO test and CDT

My license was issued today!!! 😀😀

Daveb91 is offline Member

Amazing news! Glad you are back on the road leave those keys at home and have a celebratory drink!

Update on my case:
    Had the letter today so booked an appointment for the 12th of December.
    I also have to appear in front of the traffic commissioner as I hold a vocational licence (Bus) who I need to convince that I am fit to hold such licence, Not good!
    Hopefully I get a second chance but only time will tell. The 14th of December will be my next update probably.

miserable is offline Member

Thatís really not long to go so hang in there. The whole process is so stressful. 🙁

Well I have some news, hopefully this will help someone else in my rare case.

Medical:
    This went well, didn't drink since the conviction and am comfortable in feeling that I will pass this, I am not a heavy user of alcohol and am pretty certain that this will go fine. The dr asks you to take your top and shoes off, he feels for any unusual lumps and bumps, checks breathing, blood pressure, height and weight. Asks you the questions on the form and takes the money, The blood sample he takes is then sent off to a lab working on behalf of the DVLA and gets analysed, This decision will now take a good 4-6 weeks until i hear anything back...

Traffic commissioner meeting:
    This was quite daunting as I have never defended myself alone in court before but armed with a well written mitigation from myself I went in aware of the consequences of losing my PCV entitlement if the decision was of a non favourable outcome.
    I went in expecting to read this out but he instead asked me questions regarding what brought me before him, I was open and honest about it all and he eventually came to an agreement to suspend my PCV driving for an extra 2 months to let me rehabilitate in my personal car before reinstating me with my bus entitlement again. I must stress that if ever you find yourself in this situation that you do your research on who the commissioner is to you and also write out a mitigation which is true and apologetic, you need to convince him/her that you are never going to put your self in this situation again and you will do what ever is necessary to make amends of the situation.

I wish you all the best and if you need any re assurance then don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers.

Milton is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daveb91 View Post
    Well I have some news, hopefully this will help someone else in my rare case.

Medical:
    This went well, didn't drink since the conviction and am comfortable in feeling that I will pass this, I am not a heavy user of alcohol and am pretty certain that this will go fine. The dr asks you to take your top and shoes off, he feels for any unusual lumps and bumps, checks breathing, blood pressure, height and weight. Asks you the questions on the form and takes the money, The blood sample he takes is then sent off to a lab working on behalf of the DVLA and gets analysed, This decision will now take a good 4-6 weeks until i hear anything back...

Traffic commissioner meeting:
    This was quite daunting as I have never defended myself alone in court before but armed with a well written mitigation from myself I went in aware of the consequences of losing my PCV entitlement if the decision was of a non favourable outcome.
    I went in expecting to read this out but he instead asked me questions regarding what brought me before him, I was open and honest about it all and he eventually came to an agreement to suspend my PCV driving for an extra 2 months to let me rehabilitate in my personal car before reinstating me with my bus entitlement again. I must stress that if ever you find yourself in this situation that you do your research on who the commissioner is to you and also write out a mitigation which is true and apologetic, you need to convince him/her that you are never going to put your self in this situation again and you will do what ever is necessary to make amends of the situation.

I wish you all the best and if you need any re assurance then don't hesitate to PM me.

Cheers.
    Interesting to read about your PCV bus driving entitlement restoration.
    Recently I applied for a position as a trainee bus driver but was turned down due to my drink driving conviction.

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton View Post
    Interesting to read about your PCV bus driving entitlement restoration.
    Recently I applied for a position as a trainee bus driver but was turned down due to my drink driving conviction.
    Hi milton.

Was this turned down from the company or dvla/traffic commissioner?

If this was the company then they may be breaching discrimination as you are entitled to be a bus driver even with a coniction and turning you down because of this is not a valid reason. It might be worth looking into legal actions if this is the case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12