License application advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

miserable

Hello
I was banned for 2 years in May '16. I did the DD course which should take my date back to sometime in November, however this has not been changed on the gov website as yet. I applied for my license last Monday (4th) and I sent off my certificate for the DD course with it. This was why was advised to me by the DVLA when I first received the certificates. Although I was under the impression at the course that they would send the documents off to get my ban officially reduced.
Anyways, I rang them last Friday to ask why the time hadn't been taken off my ban and they said it could take up to 3 weeks until they hear from the courts to get it changed. Does this sound correct?
I'm just eager for it all to be over, I have to sit a medical too which will likely take some time so I'm really keen to get the process under way!

When the course finishes, the provider has 2 weeks to issue a certificate. When the certificate arrives with you, the court should receive the certificate on the same day as you. If you are immediately eligible to apply for your licence back (so within 8 weeks or 12 if a High Risk Offender) we advise waiting 7 days before applying to DVLA for your licence to be restored - because of allowing for the court to notify DVLA - enclosing a copy of the certificate.
when was your course completed and what was the date of your conviction?

In which case DVLA should certainly be aware. Is you have had your certificate it seems that the provider have done their Job, heck with the court to see what they have done about the notification that you have completed. They may have to notify DVLA again.

Thankyou so much for your replies.
How do I check with the court??? So I just call the magistrates from which I got my sentence?

Thank you so much. I contacted the courts who have had no contact from the driving course providers at any time. Quite annoyed actually, that is part of what I paid them for! The providers that are to reduce my disqualification have made the process longer than it should be!
The lady at the courts was very helpful and advised to me to call them to email a copy over asap marked urgent so she could process it for me. The driving providers seemed in no hurry to get it done urgently.
Hopefully it should be all sorted soon and they can start my process to get my little pink card back. It's been a long 18 months

It was TTC (used to be VMCL). The course itself was actually very good and informative and I did gain from it and even left them a glowing review!

We have only recently taken over VMCL, but I believe the office staff have access to all their reccords, if you PM me your details inc date of birth I will chase it for you Friday.

Miserable,
I have replied.
the certificate was not lost in the post, it was sent electronically so they must have received it, but I have had is resent to them now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off