How long until I get a full license after declaring alcohol missuse?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Ham Soup

Hi,
I have been alcohol dependent in the past. My last drink was in June 2015. I've never had a driving ban nor driven under the influence. When I applied for my provisional in September 2016 I declared my previous dependence. I had to attend a medical and was issued a provisional for a year. I passed my test a week ago but I have to attend another medical in February. The medical isn't an issue as I've been abstinent for 2+ Years. However does anyone know how long I'll be issued 1 year licenses and if at any point they'll give me a normal license without having to do the medical each year?

You were issued with a 12 month licence last year because you had been alcohol dependent in the previous 2 years. In February you can confidently state that you have NOT been alcohol dependent in the past 2 years. Therefore, if the medical is fine, I would expect them to issue a full licence this time round.
in theory they can keep issuing 12 month licences for several years but as you have addressed your drink issues I think that this one should be a full one.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off