What constitutes alcohol misuse

Convicted Driver Insurance

somasmile

Hi,

What are the guidelines for this. Obviously if you drink 12 pints a night or something that would count as excessive. If I drank 1 pint a night most nights would it count as misuse and would you fail your medical?

What if I drank 4 doubles of whisky a night with a half a pint of coke each time, would this cause me to fail?

Just trying to understand where the line is. I know of a lot of people who have 1 or 2 pints most nights and this very much seems like normality. So where is the cut of line for passing a urine test?

Thanks

Cool. Thank you! Going try my best. I tend to have about 4 doubles of whisky with half a pint of coke and ice with each a night, but I guess I will have to cut down now :( Didn't think that was that much as I don't get drunk.

Cool. Thank you! Going try my best. I tend to have about 4 doubles of whisky with half a pint of coke and ice with each a night, but I guess I will have to cut down now :( Didn't think that was that much as I don't get drunk.

Yes I'd say so, I think 8 units a day might not get you through the CDT lol
you are looking at 1 double per day to keep within that guideline, but I'd do some days without too.
Good luck :)

And it's not a urine test it's a CDT blood test for alcohol dependence. Google it and search on here.

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off