Dvla medical questions- JUST SAY NO????

Convicted Driver Insurance

Scubasteve

Hi all, I have read loads of threads and can't see what the best course of action is?

Admit previous medical history or just say no to all?

Anyone else with the same prob or been in that situation?

Hello,

I've been reading your various threads and thought I would just say that if you don't give honest answers and the DVLA contact your GP then its game over. I lied on my form and they contacted my GP so I had to wait 12 months until they issued my licence. They do all this for a reason, to keep the roads safe, and I was a complete idiot.

You have 2 choices; answer no to all the questions, pass the CDT and worry like hell that the DVLA don't contact your GP or just be honest. If you pass the CDT and they contact your GP who justifies your abstinence for 12 months then bingo you get your licence worry free.

Tough call but either way it's stressful. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I know what I should have done.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I will just say that if you can guarantee your CDT will be 2.2% or lower and you pass then the chances are they won't contact your GP and you will get a 10 year licence. If you admit alcohol misuse/dependence they will definitely contact your GP and only after 12 months of controlled drinking/abstinence they will issue a 1 year licence and you will have to repeat the process each year until you are 3 years clear.

Big decision! Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Silly, I think I'll just be honest and let the chips fall where they may. Just want this night mare over! My own stupid fault I know and god have I learned from my lesson.

What was your circumstances to lie if you don't mind me asking?

Scuba, silly gave me sound advice when I failed my first medical so worth listening to.

when I did my 2nd medical Dvla told me they now routinely contact the gp so in your case on a 2nd offence it's an almost certainty.

Thanks Silly and Splodger, it's just driving me nuts, but I think your both right tell the truth and hopefully my honesty will pay off. ?

I said no to all the questions on my form, but my CDT was 2.3% only 0.1% over so they contacted my GP. I went to see my Doctor after my ban because I was concerned about my binge drinking and she had to declare that on their form. Therefore the DVLA caught me out in a big fat lie! How embarrassing.

I have certainly learnt from this experience and I reckon you should be honest. My reading was high because I had been drinking over Christmas/New Year and my medical was on 14th January. If I had waited another week I would have had a lower reading but hey ho. Commit the crime - do your time and all that.

This forum is great for sound advice. If I had discovered it before my medical I might have had a better outcome.

I really wish you all the best with yours and do keep us updated.

Hello,

I've been reading your various threads and thought I would just say that if you don't give honest answers and the DVLA contact your GP then its game over. I lied on my form and they contacted my GP so I had to wait 12 months until they issued my licence. They do all this for a reason, to keep the roads safe, and I was a complete idiot.

You have 2 choices; answer no to all the questions, pass the CDT and worry like hell that the DVLA don't contact your GP or just be honest. If you pass the CDT and they contact your GP who justifies your abstinence for 12 months then bingo you get your licence worry free.

Tough call but either way it's stressful. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I know what I should have done.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off