I need advice

Convicted Driver Insurance

pablo0001

I have got a ban for 24 months (HRO) which I reduced to 18 months. I got a letter form from DVLA around 2 months before end of my ban. I sent this form back, and AFTER 4 weeks a got my ID back and that's it... I made a call to DVLA and asked about my medical thing and the guy told me to wait, because they are checking my situation.

Theoretically I can drive since July, but still waiting for the medical letter. Is now 6-7 weeks. Is that normal time?

I'd say you have another two months to go. My ban ended in may, i applied at the start of march and they still havent made a decision in july! I'm not even a HRO!

That's not right, there turn around even with hro should be 8 weeks. I would be on the phone to them every day asking what's going on.

I know! Its shocking! I'm on the phone to them three times a day!

I applied in march, they made medical inquiry in april, decided i needed a dvla gp examination in june (which they paid for luckily) and still waiting for the decision from that in july. Hoping they dont need any more info from gp's as i think two is enough....i ticked no to everything on their questionnaire and ive been t total since Nov 2015 pretty much aside for a few nights out here and there in that time.

Ooh an update from them! Their medical section have made a recommendation that i be issued a licence following review of my medical. The call handler told me that now goes to a manager who makes the final decision and whether its restricted or full. She told me that can take a few days upto a few weeks so we shall see...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off