Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: please help

jessica is offline Member

Default please help

please help me..i was banned from driving in 2009 i got 2 years reduced with course and 120 hours community service...i was in a bad place at the time and went to AA stopped drinking and got my life back on track i have since married and got a 3 year old and 11 week baby who i breast feed...(i also have a 15 year old)and have done controled drinking for a few years with no problems...but on saturday i went for a meal for a realtions hen night i refused the limo and champagne and said i would drive just for the meal..when i was there there was so much wine in front of me coz everyone brought there own that i drank two much..i rang my hubby and heard the baby crying and just got in my car and drove home i didnt get very far till i crashed on a bad bend into a lamp post which i broke..my car is wrote off and i spent the night in prison then hospital. i blew higher at road i think but 114 and 109 at the station i saw a solictor in the morning who was nice...my questions are. which reading will they go off on the form they gave me it says 109?..what is likely to be my punnishment? with it being second time. i am terrified of prison coz i just cant leave my kids.... will they take into account the fact that i was in the sun all day and never hardly drink and have a baby? i am beyond devasted i didnt even want to go to the meal i went to please someone i havent been drunk in years i just cant believe it..i am so scared i will go to prison and just dont know how ill manage without my car with three girls..please help me

splodger is offline Member

Default Re: please help

Best ask that question in this section.

http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/as...land-wales-uk/

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

She already has, Splodger!!

"my questions are. which reading will they go off on the form they gave me it says 109?..what is likely to be my punnishment? with it being second time. i am terrified of prison coz i just cant leave my kids.... will they take into account the fact that i was in the sun all day and never hardly drink and have a baby? i am beyond devasted i didnt even want to go to the meal i went to please someone i havent been drunk in years i just cant believe it..i am so scared i will go to prison and just dont know how ill manage without my car with three girls..please help me"

You will be prosecuted on the basis of the Lower of the 2 readings that you supplied, so yes, 109. That reading would normally qualify for a ban of 23-28 months and a community penalty, BUT as you have a previous conviction for Drink driving in the past 10 years the minimum ban has to be 3 years. Your ban could be as high as 4 years. The reality is that you will HAVE to manage without the car for quite a while. You may be ble to reduce the ban by up to 25% if you agree to, and complete, a Drink Drive Rehabilitation Course. It has to be offered and accepted on the day, but you do not have to do it if you do not want to.
    As you had a community penalty last time, your reading must have been quite high then as well, I feel sure that you will get an increased community penalty this time. (subject to your suitability to do one) I think prison is unlikely, and if it was considered then it would be suspended. 'Hardly ever drinking and in the sun all day' will cut no ice at all in mitigation.
    Sorry if you find this bit blunt, but I think you have to consider if you should be 'controlled drinking'. Alcohol caused you a big problem in 2009, and is now causing you a major problem in 2017. Perhaps you should take the view that you should not trust yourself with alcohol and give up entirely. There is life without alcohol, but another cock up due to drink could well cause your whole world to collapse. You 'LIKE a drink' you 'NEED to be there for your family.' The choice is yours.

thanks for ur reply...i am going back to AA i only stopped coz i thought i was 'cured!' and seemed fine only drinking with my husband and that was rarely coz ive just had a baby and im breast feeding.. i never put myseld in these circumstances tho just in case...the restuarnt wasnt even licensed! i just did not expect my 'friends' to have brought so much wine etc i was only there two hours n left when they went to the cocktail bar coz i didnt want to drink too much honestly its so ironic! i obviously cant control it no sane person does what i did i could of killed someone or myself i am in shock and digusted at myself

do u really not think prison is likely..i have blown high both times? will they possibly take into consideration my little 3 year old and that im breast feeding the baby when giving me community work?
    will they take my husbands wage into consideration when fining me...i think i will have to pay for the lamp post too im on maternity at the moment with no wage but hes just had a pay rise...but it seems unfair he would be considered ...

It is likely that the case will be adjourned for a 'pre sentence report' where you have to be interviewed by a probation officer who prepares a report and makes a recommendation to the magistrates on a suitable sentence. They are not bound to follow it. Probation do not ever recommend prison in their report. The magistrates will tell you that 'all options are open' which means that prison is an option, but I do NOT think that this will be the outcome because there has been 8 years between the offences and no one else was hurt. At worse it would be a suspended sentence, so you do not go to prison unless you re offend again within a set period of time.
    The solicitor on here will be better placed to answer the part about fines. It should be based upon your income because you are the one that committed the offence.

oh no i couldnt cope with waiting even longer this wait is killing me...tho i know i deserve it..i definately must be an alcholic ive done enough service in AA to realise it now this has happened it was stupid to ever try controled drinking....i wish i could turn back time ...

what makes them not sentence there and then? also i had a solicitor in custody who sat in with me when i had my interveiw and she said she or someone from her firm would b with me in court but shes given me no way of getting hold of her...ive managed to get her email but will she know enough about me to represent me properly...will it help that i pleaded guilty immediately and complied with everything.

splodger is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    From a person who's own mental health, drug and alcohol problems led to loosing his licence as a high risk offender all I can say is get help for your alcohol problems and when your at court this will stand you in good stead with your sentencing.

From my limited knowledge like said you won't go to prison but the court will hit you hard as a repeat offender.

All you can do is look after yourself and your family and don't make the same mistake again!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Rating Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

The thread 'please help' has been rated 5.00 out of 5 by 4 registered forum members and 44 members have commented