early return of licence likeliness?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Penguin007

so i got done for drink driving for the second time in June (first time was 6 years ago)
breath 104
banned 3 years
no drink drive course offered
i am now 9 months into my ban and i want to try and get it back after 2 years. does anyone realistically think its likely ill get it back?
would i be able to get it back 2 years on the dot or would my medical and stuff take ages?
any replies will be very greatful

Thanks Penguin007

This would be your timescale:
you cannot apply to the court before at least 2 years have elapsed, as you say. Some courts say that means you can apply, say, 2 - 3 weeks before, in order to get a hearing at 2 years, others say you cannot write the letter to the court until 2 years have elapsed, so the hearing would be 2-3 weeks after that
you cannot apply to do a medical until (if) you get a reduction in your ban agreed at court and they have notified DVLA of the reduction. You then apply, they take a week or 2 to send you details of the doctor they want you to go to. The appointment can take a week or 2 to range as some of them only do these medical one or two days a week. The result will take at least a week to come through and they will either pass you, if you are under 2.3% on the CDT blood test, fail you if you are over 2.9% or send a questionnaire to your doctor if you are in between. If they do that, it can take up to another 6-8 weeks to get confirmation - but that is worse case scenario.
As to if the application will be successful, it depends on the circumstances that are put before the court. Saying how awkward it is for you is not likely to succeed. You were banned to be punished! What works better is any information that you can give the court about hardship that is being suffered by, say, an elderly relative who needs regular transport for medical issues..... or job opportunities that would be created for others if you had your licence back......or a significant promotion that is available to you (best to have something in writing about topics like this instead of just your word only)

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off