Spent conviction and license date of issue

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pw6488

Hello people,

Few questions im stuck on, foolishly got banned in november 2011. Took the rehab course and ban got reduced to 18 months.
Totally unaware my conviction is now spent and was about to renew insurance next month with a specially insurance company while still declaring my ban.
Am i correct it is now spent?
Also what would the date of license issue be?
My very first issue before conviction or from when i recieved my license back?
Thing is if its the date when got it back i have more years no claims that ive actually had the license so what happens there?

You are right that your conviction is spent no does not have to be declared for insurance. But you are not right about no claims. Your no claims bonus is not affected by a drink drive conviction but is can only be used for 2 years after you have last had a policy, or occasionally with some companies, 3 years but none continue it beyond then.
After your disqualification ends, your licence will be dated from the first day after the ban. In your case , because of the time since your ban ended, you will get your licence dated from the day that they approve you having the licence issued. Where the insurance company ask 'how long have you held a licence for?' You can put the very first date you got a licence, not the date you get your licence back.

can I just check, you were originally given a 24 month ban... is that because you blew 88 or more? (Or failed to provide) because if that is the case, you will,have to do a medical before you get your licence back, even though over 5 years have gone by.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off