Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: failed medical ...what next?

splodger is offline Member

Default Re: failed medical ...what next?

I'll go with that

The only worries I have now is failing the CDT because of cirrhosis, so I'll let you know how it all goes

Cheers splodger

sillysooze is offline Member

Hey Splodger,

Just wondering how you got on with your application?

Well things are dragging out, got my application in 8 weeks before 12 months of abstinence. I took a medicheck CDT Test and that came back as 0.9, dvla contacted my doctor and he sent my CDT Test back with his questionnaire. They received it last week and I have just rang today and now they are sending me for another medical at the dvla doctor I visited 6 months ago. So I have to wait for that doctor to receive the letter and book the appointment. I rang the doctors today and they are taking appointments at the earliest end of may. So to say I'm getting pissed off is an understatement!

My no claims bonus runs out 19th of July...so I need to get this medical asap.

Can anyone put a link up for the medical questionnaire, for the life of me can't find it on uguv site.

cheers
    Splodger

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Get in touch with DVLA and tell them that you cannot get an appointment with their nominated doctor for 5 weeks and you want them to nominate another doctor. They should do this for you.

Thanks, rang them and they gave me other doctors to try. The earliest I could was May 19th, they faxed over a letter so I could make the appointment.

To to be honest I was perhaps getting ahead of myself hoping they were going on misuse but I'm pretty sure it's dependency they're treating it as. So the May 19th appointment falls on the day I last had a drink and I hope this will be the final hurdle to getting my licence back.

So does anyone know if there is a reason why they can decline a licence if you haven't drank for 12 months and you give a satisfactory CDT Test?

Hi there,

If your Doctor confirms you have been abstinent for 12 months (not that they can really know that for sure), and your CDT result is fine then DVLA will issue a licence. However it will be a one year licence so we have to go through the medical process annually until you are 3 years clear as there is a risk of relapse.

White43 has put a thread on as he has just renewed his licence after a year and I think he attached the medical questionnaire they sent him which is the same one as you complete for the DVLA medical apparently,

Good luck!

Well after being told 2 days ago I had to go for another medical dvla ring me this morning to say the case as been through a review and I have been issued a licence....YIPPEE..... will receive in a few days.

Question now.... can I insure my and drive before licence arrives?

And by the way thanks for the help

Great news! I am really pleased for you. I was surprised the DVLA suggested their own Medical when your Doctor had already sent a satisfactory CDT result, so your case was the same as mine.

I put a deposit on a car and applied for insurance before I had actually received the licence in the post because I checked on-line and as long as they have actually issued a valid licence so you have an effective date you're good to go!!! Is it a one year licence?

Good luck with your new found freedom - we all know how it feels and remember 'None for the road'

It's was all a bit strange what happened. With them telling me over the phone that I had to take another medical and then arranging it all yesterday with a doctor
    I got home from work and I had the letter saying they wanted to carry out further medical enquiries. Then just leaving for work this morning the phone call came the good news.

Like you say it's the same scenario as yours with them accepting my doctors statement of abstinence and the medicheck CDT Test which the doctor sent off.

So like you I'm getting it back before the 12 months of abstinence and I still don't know whether they had me down as misuse or dependence.

I checked on dvla and I still don't have any driving entitlement so as soon as that changes I'll insure the car. Still unsure whether to drive before the licence arrives though.

On the drive is my newish v70 already to go...... may even give her a wash tonight as a treat!

And to add I don't know whether it's a one year licence yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast