How long is the wait

Convicted Driver Insurance

lbea

I had a roadside breath test and blew 71 lie I said in my previous post I'm shocked that I could of been over the limit by the 2 thatchers I had drank I was with friends and I totalled my car due to the road it was a narrow country road wasn't speeding at all as was lost as wasn't from the area. The road was slippy and wet and a very sharp bend to the right I flipped my car and ended upside down I was understandably disorientated and beyond upset and scared was alone pitch black couldn't get out... this was about 10pm... question is I had a blood test taken by the forensic doctors at 3.53am. How long until I get the results back?? police said oh we'll send you a letter if any action. Is there a good chance it will be ok I feel stupid for having a drink after work and the cracked ribs and sturnam fracture has put me off for life... it's a lesson well learnt.. I have my own sample but even my gp reception staff haven't a clue what to do with it..is there a chance as it was taken a long time between breath test 5 hours + that it will be lower I'm terrified and yes rightly so.. but I didn't think 2 drinks over limit at all... I also was distracted as I had something in my left eye and was trying to get it out (eyelash) I don't no where to go for advice...

Last edited:
I have answered the likely reading for blood in your other post. You said 3 Thatchers before, but now you are down to 2..... but a reading of 71 indicates 10 units which is more than 3 pints of Thatchers in your system at after 10pm. You would have lost some of the alcohol during the evening so I suspect that your recollection of what you drank is flawed. It is likely to have been 4 - 5 pints, depending on when you started drinking.
if you want to get your blood sample analysed then you can search Google for companies that analyse such items, or use Medichecks who advertise on here quite a bit. Here is the link for that: https://www.medichecks.com/alcohol-tests/alcohol-check-police-drink-drive-sample

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off