Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HRO Medical - Abstinence??

Easter2018 is offline Member

Default Re: HRO Medical - Abstinence??

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirl View Post
    Bit concerned...

Rang DVLA, who confirm that my blood results are back but they have not yet received the questionnaire, as that gets scanned onto system separately from bloods, therefore they cannot disclose the blood results until questionnaire back??

Is this normal procedure?? She sounded extremely stern on phone, even when I asked for a clue (!), she just went silent (snotty cow).
    Hi I hope is all going well, have you heard anything yet? Just off to mine now and like you nerves are definitely there. Let me know any knews I am sure you will be fine. XX

Easter2018 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Easter2018 View Post
    Hi I hope is all going well, have you heard anything yet? Just off to mine now and like you nerves are definitely there. Let me know any knews I am sure you will be fine. XX

Hi have you heard anything yet - they now have my bloods and questionnaire but would not tell me anything? is this normal or have I failed?

sillysooze is offline Member

This is normal. The Medical Call Centre never really give you much information and certainly not the results of your medical and blood test results. You can get your CDT result if you send an email.

They can inform you over the telephone once a decision has been made so I guess your case is still under review. Try not to worry (easier said than done I know) as it can take a little while, sometimes a couple of weeks. Just keep chasing them, I'm sure they are used to it, I was calling them nearly every day in the end.

Keep us posted and wishing you the best of luck!

The_croft is offline New Member

Hi all, new to the forum... basically classed as a HRO, have my medical booked for the 22nd of may... went on a stag do on the 29th of April had approx 7 pints really spread out over the day.. totally crapping my pants now as have read some horror stories on here, I'll be honest with the ban I have probably drank too much over the last 6 months but have defiantly calmed down with 0 in the week and a couple of cans at the weekend! I'm hella worried about the medical now and if my levels will be high :-( I have been pretty good for the past 12 weeks apart from a couple of binges with mates! I'm pretty healthy doing weights and cardio daily and eat really clean in the week (not sure if that helps)
    I have paid for the medicheck test and was also wondering if this will show high as it's close to the last time I had a drink?

Sorry in advance for the waffle just cacking it a bit as really can't be without a licence anymore

Cheers

m

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Based on what you say, I think you will be OK,but be very careful between now and your medical.
    Remember, you would LIKE a drink, you NEED your licence back! Let us know the result of the Medicheck test.

The_croft is offline New Member

Afternoon all, I just thought I would pop a little update on here. so I stopped drinking 3 weeks ago after a binge for a stag do I went on, i had about 7 pints and a few shots.....
    did a CDT Test through medichecks 2 weeks after and my result came through yesterday (the day of my dlva medical) it was 0.6
    so with another week under my belt I would imagine I should pass the dvla on i did yesterday with ease :-)

so those who are worried, 3-4 weeks of not drinking at all and you should be fine

M

crashmando is offline Member

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have posted on here but have seen various posts around the CDT Test.
    I have had a yearly license for 2 years now and I am due to take my medical on the 27th November.

To cut a long story short I had a Bipolar relapse in the beginning of October. I have not drunk for probably about 3-4 years since quitting completely.
    Anyway during this manic episode I made the horrible mistake of drinking over 3-4 days. Naturally I have not had anything since.

This was some binge. But since I have not drunk in such a long time and then abstaining again i suspect the CDT levels will be normal.

What does concern me though is obviously I have filled in the usual questionnaire prior to getting my appointment.

Anyway when the mental health crisis team came to see me once the booze had gone I raised my concerns about said appointment.
    Their actual response was "you had a bipolar relapse" there is no need for DVLA to know. Now i have also seen my GP since as obviously they sent the discharge papers from hospital.
    My hospital visit consisted of them detoxing me for 2 days and i was discharged on the 3rd after the Crisis Team deemed me fit that I was not going to take my own life.

So to that end I'm not sure what the hell to answer when i go for the medical. I have not seen my GP for over 5 years regarding anything surrounding alcohol.
    Only my Bipolar where i have to get my blood pressure taken yearly due to the medication i am on can elevate it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Also apologies to admin......I think I have posted this 3 times

danswad is offline New Member

Can anyone tell me what the eye test involves for the dvla medical. I got done for drink driving 9 years ago and have only just tried to re-apply. Apparently i am a high risk offender. I am suppose to where glasses but havent worn them for years other than a pair of reading glasses(not prescription) for reading.

Psychobabble is offline Member

Just thought I'd leave a quick post as I just got my application through from dvla which I'm planning on sending back tomorrow as it seems to take approx 2 weeks for them to reply with medical booking info? Anywayive booked in for a medichecks CDT Test next week and I'm planning on abstaining totally in this week before this test so I'm hoping it will give me a baseline. My previous consumption has been around 3/4 bottles of medium strength wine (9%) a week usually over 3 or 4 days spaced out per week.

I'll update on here when I get the results of the medichecks test, hoping to be either clear or in low Amber, but it's all guesswork and I'm probably being very optimistic!

Just really hoping to be able to have my dvla test before Xmas so I can relax about It! Although if not it's no big deal and I'll just take the extra time as a positive for my test, my health and my future driving freedom 😁
    Last edited by Psychobabble; 11-24-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Psychobabble is offline Member

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Just got my medichecks result back and it's 0.8 which is such a relief! Although I am going to continue to be exceptionally careful with my intake and will continue to do so after my dvla test as I'm really motivated by how I'm feeling now I've almost cut alcohol out of my life will update again once I've had my dvla medical

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast