How does Licence Come Back?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Foolish One

Hi all,
I know it seems like a daft question but I am hopefully able to drive again from January after a 12 (-3) ban what do I have to do to get my licence returned from DVLA does it just get sent back to me or do I need to reaaply for it?

I want to ensure that the very moment I am legal again I am on the road!

Re: How does Driving Licence Come Back?

Hi all,
I know it seems like a daft question but I am hopefully able to drive again from January after a 12 (-3) ban what do I have to do to get my licence returned from DVLA does it just get sent back to me or do I need to reaaply for it?

I want to ensure that the very moment I am legal again I am on the road!

You need to re-apply for your driving licence. More information on how to re-apply for your dirivng licence can be found here.

Thanks for that.

My question is that I do the course this month and will have 3 months taken off my ban thus I should be able to drive from 6 Jan but the link you gave me says 56 days does this mean from the 12 month or 9 month point?

Also will I be expected to remember dates of my test and such like? As this was back in 1988

Thanks for that.

My question is that I do the course this month and will have 3 months taken off my ban thus I should be able to drive from 6 Jan but the link you gave me says 56 days does this mean from the 12 month or 9 month point?

Also will I be expected to remember dates of my test and such like? As this was back in 1988

You can apply for your driving licence up to 56 days before your ban is due to end. If you have taken (or take) the drink driving course this means your ban will end early and you can apply for your licence up to 56 days before the date it is due to end. If you take the course then this will be up to 56 days before your 9 months is up.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off