High risk offender

Convicted Driver Insurance

deaness

Hi,ive got to go for a medical as ive been classed as a high risk offender the thing that's worrying me abit is not so much the blood test for the alcohol but the urine test as im an occasional weed smoker. I've just seen a post were someone's said the urine test is only to check for diabetes due to alcohol abuse. I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed abit of light on this for me. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Generally a urine sample is not taken during a DVLA medical. Occasionally a doctor will ask for one for a diabetes test, but that is all it is tested for. If, however, there is evidence of drug misuse in the questionnaire then a urine sample may be required and then tested for substances.

Thank you i really appreciate your feedback and thats very reassuring although I decided the safest option was to cut the weed out full stop and im now testing negative at home for thc. Their is one other thing you may be able shed abit of light on for me though, when I was banned i seem to remember the judge ordering are retest but ive had the license application form through so i applied and ive had my letter through to apply for the medical. Is their a chance i could only end up getting a provisional licence back and is their anyway i could check this. Thanks in advance.

Hi,ive got to go for a medical as ive been classed as a high risk offender the thing that's worrying me abit is not so much the blood test for the alcohol but the urine test as im an occasional weed smoker. I've just seen a post were someone's said the urine test is only to check for diabetes due to alcohol abuse. I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed abit of light on this for me. Thanks in advance

Hi,

I had my medical today and there is no urine test. And even if there was they are not checking for Cannabis use so don't worry.

Thanks for the feedback i appreciate it. I decided to call it a day with the cannabis anyway and ive been testing negative now for the past 9 days. I've also had a private cdt test for the alcohol side of things and my results came back 1.1 negative so im all set and good to go. Cant wait to get my freedom back.

Grats on giving up the cannabis. Wasnt so easy for me. I didnt have a urine sample taken aswell. Just so you know. I was scared ****less too when i was about to go in but there is no need to worry. Hope everything going well for you mate.

Hi in the same situation i smoke weed daiky 3-5 joints and will find it very hard to give up so in theory i can smoke upto the test and still pass ? Due to the urine only being tested for diabetes ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off