Dangerous driving

Convicted Driver Insurance

easytrans

Hello this is not really a Drink Driving but Dangerous Driving issue, I was drunk driving and driving to fast pulled over by police made a nuisance of myself, weird heart attack behaviour fall ill and whatever else I did etc but police could not breathalyse me as medical emergency by time I was back at station 3 hours later breathed under, but convicted of dangerous driving, 2 year ban extended retest, I pleaded guilty to in january and came back to court 6 weeks later for sentencing, the usual scenario is banned from date of plea they forgot to do it but then assumed it was done on plea and forgot to do at sentencing, now I am at the end of my disqaulification and dvla are none the wiser clean no ponts all fine they fogot to send the paperwork off or made an error.
I passed my Spanish test while banned and now have a full spanish licence could I leaglly drive on this even though banned until extended retest?
My 2 year disqualification is up.
Very strange scenario to find my uk licence is clean and the fact I have a legal licence for another country now valid here but not extended retest could I be convicted here now if caught would the spanish licence cover me for UK driving?

Last edited:
Te fact that you, the person, are banned until you take an extended test to drive in the UK is not made to go away by you having a Spanish licence.... so yes, you are still disqualified here. The Spanish licence does NOT allow you to drive.
you may also have a problem with your Spanish licence. EEC regulations require that no person can hold more than one driving licence for any member state, so if you want your UK one back, you would have to surrender your Spanish licence. If you want to use the Spanish licence... you are still banned here until you take a test. I am not sure how you will get on asking to take an extended test on a Spanish licence, so you would have to get a U.K. Licence to take the extended test - so again, surrendering your Spanish one.
that is aside from the cock up with your licence. I am not clear how this happened. You say that you were given a 2 year ban, but you were not disqualified at the first hearing when you pleaded guilty, and it wasn't done when sentenced.... so when were you given the 2 year ban and told to take an extended test?

Te fact that you, the person, are banned until you take an extended test to drive in the UK is not made to go away by you having a Spanish licence.... so yes, you are still disqualified here. The Spanish licence does NOT allow you to drive.
you may also have a problem with your Spanish licence. EEC regulations require that no person can hold more than one driving licence for any member state, so if you want your UK one back, you would have to surrender your Spanish licence. If you want to use the Spanish licence... you are still banned here until you take a test. I am not sure how you will get on asking to take an extended test on a Spanish licence, so you would have to get a U.K. Licence to take the extended test - so again, surrendering your Spanish one.
that is aside from the cock up with your licence. I am not clear how this happened. You say that you were given a 2 year ban, but you were not disqualified at the first hearing when you pleaded guilty, and it wasn't done when sentenced.... so when were you given the 2 year ban and told to take an extended test?

I should have been banned from the date of plea but for some reason has not happened, so lets say worst case scenario date of sentence which is about to pass the 2 year point, my licence is gone no longer valid any where and I should apply for a new one at the end of the disqaulification and pass the retest, but legally I was allowed to drive in spain so passed there and now hold full spanish licence, which allows me to drive in the UK when my ban is up legally, my point is now they messed up it has given me 2 licence's, and surely extended retest should only apply to uk licence or is this a requirement to drive on UK roads I am in a pickle of what the police/court's could do I am now between 2 minds in a day or so my ban is up can I drive or not, should i ask a solicitor and pay, the police or the court which banned me or the DVLA

Again, I must point out that you are banned in the U.K until you pass a test. You cannot circumvent this by saying you now have a licence from another country so you can ignore the ban as a Spanish licence is valid here.
But I am still puzzled as to where the 2 year ban came from? Who told you it was a 2 year ban, who told you to take an extended test and when was this done if it wasn't at either court? Did you have legal representation at court?

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off