Medical results worry

Convicted Driver Insurance

melimo77

Do the dvla medical results get automatically sent to your gp?
I'm not worried about failure of the medical or the cdt tests. I'm worried about the report from the dvla being sent to my gp and it remaining on my notes.
My current job would be affected severely if this were to happen.
I just want my license back and to move forward with my life.
Also, has anyone who attended had the eye test? If so why? It seems to be suggested that it will be done but many don't have it.

Thanks in advance

The medical results are for DVLA to assist them with deciding if you get your licence back, the results are not forwarded to your doctor as they do not form a part of your medical history.
there are fixed requirements for the medical for DVLA purposes, but some doctors, as a part of assessing your overall health, do things like a urine test (which is just for diabetes) or an eyesight test.

Do the dvla medical results get automatically sent to your gp?
I'm not worried about failure of the medical or the cdt tests. I'm worried about the report from the dvla being sent to my gp and it remaining on my notes.
My current job would be affected severely if this were to happen.
I just want my license back and to move forward with my life.
Also, has anyone who attended had the eye test? If so why? It seems to be suggested that it will be done but many don't have it.

Thanks in advance

Hi there.
You can choose whether any info goes to your GP.
Page 9 is the consent and declaration part of the questionnaire. Just check both the NO boxes and the information will not be forwarded to your GP, nor will your GP be "informed of the outcome" of your case.

I wasn't given an eye test but others who have been just said it's a regular letter chart on a wall. I think it's just to make sure that you are able to see well enough to drive... If you've served a ban for a couple of years, your sight may have changed/deteriorated to the point that would not be legal for you to drive, without you realising it. If you wear glasses/contacts, just make sure you take them with you.

I hope that helps. Good luck.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off