Cdt test

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dede

Hi
I have just had my medical and Cdt
I was drinking on average a bottle of wine a night in the lead up to test , I stopped drinking any kind of booze completely 9 days before ( I would of given myself longer if I had not got my dates mixed up)
Do you think I will pass I'm a bit concerned that I should of given myself a lot longer ie 4 weeks
Any advice greatly received

We have seen on here that the results vary considerably from person to person, but you are pushing it only stopping 9 days before. You should have given yourself longer but what is done is done, cross your fingers and don't drink.... in case DVLA say the test was messed up and you have to do it again. Far too early to celebrate - or drown your sorrows.

I rang the dvla today they say they can't give Cdt over the phone . But he did say but looking at your case they are waiting on the doctor to reply . I said to him so reading between the lines I have past the Cdt but you are waiting on doctors information to then decide . He replied back that he is not medically trained to know ?!?
So I'm hoping I have past and maybe only just ? And it's down to doctors paper work for them to decide . Gulp !!
I'm going to fax and request results tomorrow ( the waiting is worrying )
Thank you so much for taking your time to reply
Dede

That probably indicates that your reading was in the band of 2.3-2.9%. If this is the case, they will be writing to your doctor to ask if you have had any alcohol related issues in the past 3 years, or been in rehab in the past 12 months. If that is the case, it can take quite a while to get a result from DVLA, delending on the speed of your doctors response. What is your doctor likely to say?

i didn't add in my 1st post that last year I was given a 1 year licence off the back of the dvla medical I did back then .
My Cdt came in at 0.7 but in year before I had talked to the doctor regards my drinking so I think that's why I got the 1 year licence I'm guessing.
I have never been to rehab or courses
( other than counciling after my drink drive charge nearly 9 years ago )
In the last year I definitely have not brought anything up to the doctor related to booze . As on average I have about 1 or 2 bottles of wine a week . Sadly the last month or so that has gone back up to 1 bottle a night give or take . ( Social reasons )

Hi
I have just got my licence a full drivers licence !
The dvla got in touch with my doctor again after the medical ( it would seem because I came in Amber range tho I don't no this as I didn't write for the result ) seems doctor gave the all clear which should of been the case .
Thank you for taking the time replying to me
I wish you and others well
But personally I would say keep a close eye on your medical dates not like I did !
Good luck ?

Hi
I have just got my licence a full drivers licence !
The dvla got in touch with my doctor again after the medical ( it would seem because I came in Amber range tho I don't no this as I didn't write for the result ) seems doctor gave the all clear which should of been the case .
Thank you for taking the time replying to me
I wish you and others well
But personally I would say keep a close eye on your medical dates not like I did !
Good luck ?
Congratulations! What a relief for you.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off