Blew 36

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dan.eldridge23

Hi guys

I blew 36 at the road after an rta

After a lot of messing around and the police forgetting to take me to hospital, eventually they got blood out of me

I had 2 pints of fosters top/shandy and 2-3 pints of fosters

I started drinking at 2.30pm and finished at 6pm

I was breathalised at 7.45pm and gave blood at 1.18am the following morning!

Am I jumping ahead of my self and worrying about nothing or shall I instruct a solicitor ASAP to start gathering evidence and making my case?

Your reading is likely to be 0-10 in breath, so the mess up by the police will have saved you with such a long delay.
in theory they could ask for a 'back calculation' to be done, to see what your reading would have been when you were driving but the initial test was so marginal that this is most unlikely to happen.

Dan,
sorry, that is what you get when I answer questions after midnight.....! I did mean 0-10 in breath, but you gave a blood sample so the equivalent would be 0-22 in blood, either way, well under.

Thanks price, still worrying me tho even tho I have even hands toxicologist talk him self out of taking my sample to be analysed ! He told me to save my money for the car repairs lol

That will have no effect on this case at the decision / result of sample stage.
it would only matter if you are convicted and then have 2 drink drive convictions in 10 years which would trigger a minimum 3 year ban.

ok I understand, how long does it normally take for the police to tell me the results, the officers said they would call and let me know either way and would take 2-3 weeks? I keep doing silly bac calculators trying to keep myself sane!

Depending on how busy the lab is, it can take up to 6 weeks for the result.
i bet none of the calculators show you as over the limit, or even near it!

Last edited:
Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off