When will my ban be up?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hello

I was banned on the 5th Jan 2016 for 18 months, I have just booked my drink driving course which will reduce my ban. When will i be able to drive again? Trying to work out a date so i have something to keep me going.

Thanks

That will depend on what the court offered you as a reduction. The minimum is 3 months, the maximum is 25%. most do do for about 25%, but for 18 months ban, I have seen 4 1/2 months, 18 weeks... 19 weeks because there are more than 4 weeks in a month, 136 days or 'that is too difficult to do so we will round it down to 4 months'. Any of those are possible......
as a rough guide, after the course, with a 4 1/2 month reduction, you should be driving on about the 20th February 2017. This means you can apply on about the 20th December but then check your licence when it arrives. That says the first day that you can drive on. If you are a few days adrift in your working out, that will be your check to be sure exactly when you can drive.
'Will an 18 month ban, I should point out that if you are a 'High Risk Offender' (failed to provide or blew over 87 in breath) then you apply 3 months early and have to pass a medical before you get your licence back.

If you give the DVLA a ring, they will be able to give you an exact date.

I did this a few weeks after completing my course and waiting for the reduction to be applied to my original ban.

I found it much easier having a date to shoot for!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off