Still no licence 3 month after end of end of disqual

Convicted Driver Insurance

HissingSID

Hi

A family member was disqualified for 18 month that ended at the end of June this year.

He has done his medical thing months ago, filled in everything and is now into month 3 with no licence back. He rings them every couple of weeks only to be told to ring back in 2 weeks as they are experiencing a heavy back log. Its driving him nuts as he is a builder and has had to cancel LOTS of work because he was assuming his licence would be back shortly after his ban was up.

Is there anything we can do?

I find it outrageous that an individual can be punished MORE than what was administered. The courts would not fine someone £300 and then expect them to pay £400 or send them to prison for 18 month and not release them until after 21.

Thanks

First post so bear with me - Im sure its been asked before

DVLA are a law unto themselves. I would think that what has happened is that they have written to his GP and have had a delay with him replying, then they have to consider the results.
3 months after the ban is up is unreasonable. I would suggest approaching your MP to see if he can write on your husbands behalf. I have seen i9t repoorted on here that this has speeded things up.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off