When will I know i can drive?

Convicted Driver Insurance

davedicky

So folks, Ive had my medical last week and I'm pretty confident I will pass (haven't had a drink in over 4 months and nothing else to raise suspicions).

Now I was told it could take 3-4 weeks but then I've read on here people have been checking the gov website which I think is this:

https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

and confirming they can drive after a week or so, nothings changed on it for me yet but have people started driving again on the back of this website or do you have to wait for license in hand???

The reason why I'm so concerned is, my ban has actually elapsed now (due to circumstances I didn't process it up front as i know you can) so I'm wondering if this websites conformation gives me the thumbs up to get on the road?

So folks, Ive had my medical last week and I'm pretty confident I will pass (haven't had a drink in over 4 months and nothing else to raise suspicions).

Now I was told it could take 3-4 weeks but then I've read on here people have been checking the gov website which I think is this:

https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

and confirming they can drive after a week or so, nothings changed on it for me yet but have people started driving again on the back of this website or do you have to wait for license in hand???

The reason why I'm so concerned is, my ban has actually elapsed now (due to circumstances I didn't process it up front as i know you can) so I'm wondering if this websites conformation gives me the thumbs up to get on the road?

Hi there.

My medical was on a Monday morning. I phoned DVLA on the Thursday of the week after (9 days later, or 7 working days) and was told that my license had been issued 2 days previously on the Tuesday. So it took 6 working days to be issued. It was in the mailbox when I got home that evening. I didn't check the website, preferring to speak to someone but either way, if you get confirmation that your license has been reissued AND your ban has elapsed (as had mine), you can drive as the 'valid from date' on your card will be the date it was issued. Although I have to say I would worry without the physical license in my hand, (especially as it's only a matter of a couple of days for postage) but that's just me! I'm only picking up my new car tomorrow, 6 months after my license was reissued!!

Hopefully you'll have an answer in the next couple of days but try calling daily for updates. At least if they intend to contact your GP, you'll get advance warning.

Good luck!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off