Just done my medical, can anyone help please !

Convicted Driver Insurance

Williboyyy

Just done my medical im not a big drinker and just do the odd saturday binge. I was stupid and done about 30 units on saturday , i took my medical 11am today which is well over 60 hours since.

Im worried my results will come back a fail .

Any help on this , cheers !

I've read some silly things in my time but what on earth possessed you to do that?

It depends on a number of things. What were you drinking in the 4 weeks prior to that and did you admit to it or anything else on the questionaire?

I think if you said 30 units in one sitting they are going to rip your licence up!! They say one of binges don't effect but that close I reckon you might of shafted your chances!

I told the doctor i had a drink in the past week but not 30 units. I know i am an idiot.. . In the past 4 weeks ive had a few pints on a saturday but thats it i dont drink during the week or a sunday,ill just have to wait and see i suppose.

Sorry to be a pain but can you tell me exactly hat happened, if you see my separate post I had a weird experience. Did you see a nurse then a doctor?

You might be ok with the one binge but it was very very silly mate being so close

I know mate, just hoping all the odd binges i have done a few times a month and the rest of the time being sober has kept my levels low...

I went straight in with a doctor she asked me a few questions how often do i drink, have i ever missed work from alcohol related issues or had any medical problems due to alcohol...and have i had anything recently, i said no to the questions and mentioned i had a few drinks in the past week thats it i dont drink ofen just on a saturday usualy.

She then took my height and weight , checked my breathing , blood pressure and felt around my liver area . Next she took my blood and that was pretty much it.

Hi,

I have just come accross this forum and would like to share some of my experiences with you all regarding being a High Risk Offender and the medical.

I got convicted of drink driving in December 2014 after blowing a breath reading of 112 (I know......shocking)

However I have now attended the medical and I have my results:

28/06/2016 - Received letter from the DVLA requesting me to make an appointment with the franchise Dr within SIX WEEKS OF THE DATE OF THE LETTER (Please take note of this as failure to attend within this time will result in your application being refused and the £90 returned to you.

04/07/2016 - Contact made with the franchise Dr and medical booked for 27/07/2016

27/07/2016 - Attended my medical. height/weight/blood prssure taken by a nurse and sent back to waiting room to fill out a questionnaire regarding my drinking habits. I was then called in by the doctor and went through the questionnaire with me, brief physical examination and blood taken for CDT. On the questionnaire itself I answered truthfully "No" to every question. When asked about my drinking patterns, I advised that I drank 2-3 times a week at around 3 pints of med/high strength lager (Peroni/Stella etc) I hadn't touched alcohol for 24 days before the medical. I have been known to "binge" drink in the past so I was concerned that this may put me in the Amber category sparking further investigstion with my GP

11/08/2016 - Called the DVLA requesting an update and was advised that my full licence had been reissued. 10yrs no restrictions and no referral to my own doctor. I asked for my CDT reading over the phone and was given this. it was 0.9% (GREEN category - 0 - 2.2% is classed as normal/acceptable levels and providing theres nothing of concern in the questionnaire a licence should be issued without further question)The while experience of this has been quite traumatic and definitely wont repeat! I just wanted to share this as I know there is a lot of hype with regards to the whole CDT testing. Personally for me my advice would be this: Don't take it for granted, make sure you abstain from drinking at least 2/3 weeks before the test. Natuarally everyone will worry and believe me i did! However I am now the proud owner of a driving licence and my ban ends in two weeks. Happy boy!

But I guess what the doctor said to me is true....."If you don't misuse or depend on alcohol you have absolutely nothing to worry about"

Hope this helps!

Alex

Just like to say i received my licence today im over the moon considering the cheeky binge i had 2 days before my medical !!! , my medical was on the 2nd of august , they had the results on the 9th for me when i rang up , and i received my licence today 13th august .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off