Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hro medical (your experiences)

miserable is offline Member

Default Re: Hro medical (your experiences)

Iíve requested my lab results via email which take up to 40 days!!! I canít see my cdt would be high to be honest. I donít drink an awful lot and Iíve had my cdt done privately and it was fine. But I guess you never know do you?
    I think itís because I answered yes to the question about being in a road traffic accident form drink driving. 😕

Iím just ready to put it all behind me now but Iíll probably still have it hanging over me past my license return date. Which is in 15 days!! I feel like o should be celebrating and not still being held hostage

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Quote Originally Posted by MrCo View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate, the only reason I see that they contact your GP is when your CDT is over 2% sometimes even over 1% but thatís still not a fail so they should issue your license back. I asked my medical doctor about driving on me date an he said you can ask for a letter from the DVLA which will allow you to drive pending your medical results, might be worth ringing the DVLA medical team an enquiring about that ??
    The doctor is out of date with his advice! Being allowed to drive pending the result of your medical stopped being an option several years ago, so unless your conviction was prior to June 2013 this is not an option.

MrCo is offline Member

Ahh ok, thatís make sense as I couldnít find anything about it myself.

MrCo is offline Member

The nightmare is now over, medical was last Tuesday and just received my new little pink friend in the post. All the beat for everybody in the future 👍🏼👍🏼 Adios people

crashmando is offline Member

Hi all,

It's been a while since I have posted on here but have seen various posts around the CDT Test.
    I have had a yearly license for 2 years now and I am due to take my medical on the 27th November.

To cut a long story short I had a Bipolar relapse in the beginning of October. I have not drunk for probably about 3-4 years since quitting completely.
    Anyway during this manic episode I made the horrible mistake of drinking over 3-4 days. Naturally I have not had anything since.

This was some binge. But since I have not drunk in such a long time and then abstaining again i suspect the CDT levels will be normal.

What does concern me though is obviously I have filled in the usual questionnaire prior to getting my appointment.

Anyway when the mental health crisis team came to see me once the booze had gone I raised my concerns about said appointment.
    Their actual response was "you had a bipolar relapse" there is no need for DVLA to know. Now i have also seen my GP since as obviously they sent the discharge papers from hospital.
    My hospital visit consisted of them detoxing me for 2 days and i was discharged on the 3rd after the Crisis Team deemed me fit that I was not going to take my own life.

So to that end I'm not sure what the hell to answer when i go for the medical. I have not seen my GP for over 5 years regarding anything surrounding alcohol.
    Only my Bipolar where i have to get my blood pressure taken yearly due to the medication i am on can elevate it.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

miserable is offline Member

So my time has come. 😀

Date applied for license - 1st September

Letter back - 25th September ( I think this took a while as there was some mix up with the alcohol awareness course provider letting the courts know about my reduction OR them telling them and the reduction not being applied. I had to make several calls to sort it out)

Date of medical - 18th Oct.

24th Oct - rang DVLA and they were waiting from paperwork from medical provider

31st Oct - rang again and they had received the paperwork that day. Informed me it can take a week for a decision to be made.

3rd Nov - Letter from DVLA informing me they are contacting gp for further enquiries. From then on I hassled the practice daily.

21st Nov - Ban officially ended. GP practice said they sent off paperwork that day.

Called DVLA every second day for updates and today they informed me I have had my full license issued today and t will be updated online by tomorrow. 😀

I abstained for 19 days. Day before I abstained I had a binge of about ten units.

I am a weekend binger, rarely drink through the week (this last one has been an exception to that!! Very stressed!) My CDT results were 0.6%. I think they contacted my gp because I answered yes to the question about having an accident in my car.

What an 18 months it has been. I am so happy itís over! Just gonna sort out insurance tomorrow then hopefully on the road!!! Thank you to all who post here, itís a real comfort through a horrid time.

[QUOTE=Wickwick;96406]I'm hoping this thread can become a sticky and be the one stop place to compare peoples experiences. It can be difficult as it seems (quite understandably) that people don't come back on here once they have got their licences back but I would appreciate anyone who does to please fill in the following below and post:

1) Date you applied for new licence: April 2015
    2) Date when you got the letter to book medical:
    Shortly after
    3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical:
    Shortly after that
    4) Date of Medical:
    Within three weeks of that
    5) Date of Results and Outcome:
    Two weeks after that and raised CDT, no licence

Also Please state:

1) Period of abstinence prior to actual medical Date:
    6 months
    2) Drinking habits prior to abstinence period:
    Seldom drank alcohol

survivor2018 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wickwick View Post
    I'm hoping this thread can become a sticky and be the one stop place to compare peoples experiences. It can be difficult as it seems (quite understandably) that people don't come back on here once they have got their licences back but I would appreciate anyone who does to please fill in the following below and post:

1) Date you applied for new licence: 21 st October 2017
    2) Date when you got the letter to book medical: 2nd November 2017
    3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical: Doctor's details were on the letter so I called and booked for 7th December. Abstained from drinking from 22nd October then drank a whole bottle one week before medical so rebooked for 13th December but drank again the weekend before. Was unable to rebook so had to withdraw. Immediately applied for D1 form again and got a letter from them on 22nd December and booked for 5th February. Went to appointment and the Doctor did not turn up. DVLA extended my time. Booked for 26th Feb but drank and rebooked for 19th March.
    4) Date of Medical: 19th March
    5) Date of Results and Outcome: 29th March . Full licence issued 11 days for the whole process to be completed.

Also Please state:

1) Period of abstinence prior to actual medical Date: Four clear days of no wine
    2) Drinking habits prior to abstinence period:
    At least one bottle of wine every fortnight.

hotmail is offline Member

Hi All,

I need some assistance as I getting worried!

I got done for drink driving Sept 2016 blew 90 so was classed as a HRO, completed my medical to get my license back on 2nd May.

I have just received a letter from the DVLA stating I now need to go for another medical but this time a Urine test as I told the doctor I used cannabis in March.

As I have already completed a medical (Blood Sample) I am not sure why they are asking me now to complete another medical Urine sample when the DVLA has no legal limits for THC in Urine.

So why am I being asked to do this medical, how would they determine what to do next? Also they have my blood sample so why are they able not to just use that for a drug test?

Any advice would be grateful or if this has happened to anybody please let me know!

Thanks!!

price1367 is offline TTC Group Associate Director

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    They want a urine sample because cannabis use is best detected that way.
    It can show cannabis use during the past 28-35 days so they are checking to see if you were honest about when you last used it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast