Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes

Convicted Driver Insurance Quoteline
Convicted driver insurance quote line owned and operated by MCE Insurance

Follow Drinkdriving.org on:

Follow Drinkdriving.org on Facebook Follow Drinkdriving.org on Google+ Follow Drinkdriving.org on Twitter
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hro medical (your experiences)

white43 is offline Member

Default Re: Hro medical (your experiences)

NOTE : I answered 'YES' to a couple questions.

1) Date you applied for new licence:
    14th March 2016
    2) Date when you got the letter to book medical:
    26th March 2016
    3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical:
    Erroneous. Phone call to prescribed medical centre 31st March.
    4) Date of Medical:
    26th May 2016
    5) Date of Results and Outcome: ??? See below:

4th May 2016 - the medical results are back, I ask email for the results
    13th May 2016 - receive results - 0.9% CDT
    16th May 2016 - I'm informed all information is in their hands
    20th May 2016 - told it has passed to the relevant department
    21st May 2016 - Official ban ends
    25th May 2016 - License for one year approved

Also Please state:

1) Period of abstinence prior to actual medical Date:
    Started 21/02/2016 (but I binged 2/3 times in the lead-up to the medical with 14 day gaps)
    2) Drinking habits prior to abstinence period: 2 bottles of wine, plus 2 pints of cider per day

My drinking is not typical for CDT or the process. I consistently, despite heavy drinking never had a reading about 1%.

To see my entire history of this journey : http://www.forum.drinkdriving.org/ge...sion/79042.htm
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 05-26-2016 at 09:13 AM.

R_G_Bargie is offline Member

1) Date you applied for new licence: 9/04/2016
    2) Date when you got the letter to book medical: 23/04/2016
    3) Date when you sent letter back to book medical: N/A. Phoned the doctor on 25/04/2016
    4) Date of Medical: 31/05/2016
    5) Date of Results and Outcome: Checked .Gov website on 07/06/2016 which confirmed that full licence has been reinstated, including all previous entitlements (motorcycle). There have been various reports before of motorbike entitlements missing when licences have been reissued.

Drinking habits before medical: Abstinance for 162 days (5 1/2 months). No idea what blood results were although its fair to say they were fine. Answered "no" to all medical questions.
    Last edited by Forum Moderator; 06-07-2016 at 12:09 PM.

pink lady is offline New Member

Default Doctor questionnaire

hi there my CDT result was 1.0 but they have still requested a questionnaire from my doctor ? i have been told this maybe because i ticked NO for contacting the doctor about my results , this was only because my doc want aware of the DD so i didn't think , do you have a copy of questions the doc has to fill in ? i haven't been to the docs for years so should be fine just interested to see ? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shouldaknownbetter View Post
    I'm sorry, I meant to quote the original poster.

Nevertheless, this is my experience.

Despite having had my license back for three months now, I am more than happy to answer any questions or concerns anyone may have. From my medical 'experience' to travelling to the US or elsewhere..just ask, if I can help, I will.

1) I sent off my application and cheque on 09/12/15.

2) Received letter from DVLA requesting that I attend a medical on 23/12/15.

3) Booked medical via phone with GP surgery on 23/12/15, the same day I received my letter from DVLA.

4) Date of medical 25/01/16 at 0930hrs.

5) Called DVLA for an update on 04/02/16. Was told that my (10 year) license had been issued on 02/02/16. (Licence was waiting for me when I got home on 04/02/16) Asked for CDT reading but told that I needed to either scan my signed request letter or post a written, signed request. I posted a signed request on 05/02/16. Received a copy of lab report and full questionnaire/doctor's report on 18/02/16, dated 15/02/16. My CDT reading was 1.0%.

6) 23 full days of abstinence. My last drink was on 01/01/16 at about 1800hrs. Medical was at 0930 hrs on 25/01/16.

7) Was drinking about 8-10 units a day just about every day. Very rarely had a day off.

I am a reasonably healthy eater (apart from the drinking). I increased my consumption of fresh leafy green vegetables and fresh fruit. Cut down on processed foods and red meat. Basically, if a food was shown to have liver supporting properties, then I ate it. I drank hot ginger and lemon 'tea' every morning (about 400ml). Upped my intake of water from about 3 pints a day to approximately 6/7 pints a day (be careful when upping your water consumption, especially when in conjunction with unusual or excessive exercise. It is possible to "OD" on water!) I took doses of milk thistle, artichoke, turmeric and ginger extracts daily. I do not propose that they made a huge difference but they certainly can't hurt. I also exercise daily, combination of cardio, strengthening and stretching (yoga style movements).
    I have no empirical evidence but either my dietary efforts helped (if even only a little) or the the much purported "12 week abstinence" period is wide of the mark. I have found clinical research papers stating anything from 7 days to 28 days for a half-life for CDT, so even the medical fraternity are "at odds" as to what may be the minimum time of abstinence. There are too many factors involved, from previous drinking habits to weight, lifestyle, fitness and individual physiology to say with absolute certainty that a specific time period will reduce your CDT reading. Obviously, the longer you abstain, the better but I would say that someone looking at a mere 3/4 weeks of abstinence need not give up hope.

Danny 7179 is offline Member

Medical today in and out in. 10 mins
    One of the questions / do u suffer from memory loss after drinking / pmsl. Yeah after 10 stellers

Dvla said passed medical 👍

Maggi is offline Member

Question Re: Hro medical (your experiences)

Danny CONGRATS.Well Done.I had my medical this week and see no reason to fail but may I ask how you found out result? Did you phone? I don't want to pester them but again I don't know know when to start to pester! Yours seems a brilliant turn around time. Happy Driving

Phoned up and ask medical team / medical was 8/ June last week

Maggi is offline Member

When did you start phoning?As I say I don't want to get their backs up but I am itching to know. Thanks

Medical on the 8 June wensday they recivied bloods and qestionair on the sat day Rang them Tuesday and wensday. And they said thay have issued my driving license its in the post
    Last edited by Danny 7179; 06-17-2016 at 04:31 AM.

Convicted Driver Insurance Quotes
    Had my driving ban reduced 12 months nocked of already done 30 months from 42

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast