No claims bonus - does it get wiped with a DR10 conviction?

Convicted Driver Insurance

gstanley

My dad seems adamant that i will lose all my no claims bonus because i have been done for drink driving, whilst also uninsured.

Is this true? I thought NCB was only lost after 2 years of inactive insurance. Need my 5 years ncb to help with premium costs after my ban!

Thanks in advance

My dad seems adamant that i will lose all my no claims bonus because i have been done for drink driving, whilst also uninsured.

Is this true? I thought NCB was only lost after 2 years of inactive insurance. Need my 5 years ncb to help with premium costs after my ban!

Thanks in advance
i had this same problem so phoned up the insurance company im going with and they seem to say that my no claims is still valid.. and they will accept it.

im going with adrian flux if that helps

I can confirm that a drink drive conviction does not affect your no claims bonus.
the only problem that people find is with longer convictions. You are right, gstanley, that no claims is valid for 2 years so people with longer convictions than that will find that the NCB has expired. There are a few companies though that recognise NCB for 3 years, so anyone in that position can go through a Broker who can find the right company for them.

You should check with your previous insurer. Generally NCB lasts a couple years. Make sure you have a letter from them saying they can confirm your NCB. (renewal or letter confirming NCB)

Mine said that my NCB had a 2 year shelf life and my ban is 18 months, so it still applies.

Funnily enough, just applied for new insurance and they're saying they don't actually need to see evidence!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off